The Silent Treatment

Rowan's POV

It has been five days since I officially met my mate. Ever since that night she hasn't spoken to me. She went completely silent and I don't understand why. I fear I will never understand her no matter what I try.

I don't see how she has a good reason not to speak to me. What she did that day two days ago pissed me off to the very end and she has been trying my patience ever since she got here.

My family and I were having a nice dinner and this time my mother wanted to officially meet the twins, she gave them a few days to adjust before she decided to meet them. She was being as nice as Queen Elsa always is, but my mate is the opposite.

My mother wanted to know more about the twins and asked them both what they liked, I'm sure she did it on purpose to ask Reinette first, considering she likes talking and rambled everything about herself. I did not know the first time we spoke to each other was her birthday, she didn't even bother to tell me. I understand though, she still thinks I'm her enemy.

She then tried talking to Kahina, who didn't even bother to act like she wanted to be there. She hardly ate and the wound on her neck is healing slower than it should be. My mother only asked why she fights bonding with anyone, I would've told her not to ask that but I was more interested in the response as much as everyone.

She ended up insulting all of us from the low ranks to my parents. She spoke about reading a lot about Vampires from old books humans on the outside read. They have a lot of information about us and she has studied them, studied vampires and any other supernatural out there.

She insulted my mother claiming that she gave birth to someone who can single handedly destroy and kill a whole city on their own. I mean she's not wrong there I take it as a complement. She mentioned something about me killing my father too, that's when I got pissed, if it was anyone else she would be long dead. My mother stopped me when I was to speak.

That's when she spoke with heartbreak what my father made her go through, what her parents made her go through. For all of her life she was controlled, trained to be the best fighter and most respectful female. Her fate and who she was to marry was decided at birth for her, she had never been free and that is why she looks better than she has now. She was in tears when she mentioned that she actually cried for the death of the man who was part of her misery and now she had been free. My mate belittled her and said she knew nothing of her struggles and that hurt my mother considering she had been fighting for centuries.

When my mother left everyone on the table I was barely able to control my anger. I mind linked Alexander and Henry to leave and take everyone else with them. Once I was alone with my mate, I told her that there would be rules in our "relationship". She can say or do anything but insult my mother.

She kept a straight face the whole time, her heartbeat was very calm as if she feared nothing which got me angrier. She didn't care about the consequences of her actions. With every beat of her heart and every flow of her blood my monster wanted me to taste it but I knew I could not. My eyes were already crimson so I said something I knew would shut her up. I threatened to hurt the one thing she protects the most, her sister. Since then she has never spoken to me. I love the silence but I miss her speaking, at least she could insult me, I don't care.

But besides that, I have another thing to fear.

The elders have been completely silent about this. I fear I am in bigger trouble than I was with my mother. I am their King too but they also guide me in ensuring everything goes accordingly and our people are safe. Even the highest of ranks need a little guidance, especially since my father was shit.

The incident at the dance was big, they definitely don't care about the twins and who they are, they think a threat from the humans is something minor. Considering one of them is destined to be their Queen, it's not so minor. If she stopped being so stubborn she does not realise the amount of power she has over change, over me. She just fights it.

The only thing the counsel cares about is the next Queen, there was supposed to be a ball last night, same as the one before but I made an excuse and cancelled it. Which is why I'm confused as to why it's silent.

"Brother, the counsel has not said anything yet?" Alexender entered my office.

He poured two glasses of whiskey and came to sit with me.

"As you can see I'm going crazy with everything right now and they are making it worse. Their silence is deafening. I hate when people go silent on me." I say, my words don't exactly mean the counsel only.

"She's still not speaking?" Alexander asks. He is the only one I speak to about my mate. It's normally him and Henry I speak to but he's acting like a little girl at the moment too.

"She acts like I'm not even there." I laid my in my chair as I drank the string liquid.

"You threatened her sis-" I didn't let him finish his sentence mainly because I didn't want to hear something I know.

"Don't you think I know that?" I say. I don't like people repeating things I said, I am well aware of it because I fucking said it.

"Have you tried sweet talking her?" He asks.

"Yes but she still dismisses that. I don't get why it wasn't this hard with... her." I couldn't find the courage to speak of her name, she still holds a place in my heart and I hate it.

Ever since Kahina came into the picture, saying her name feels foreign or illegal. Sometimes I even forget she ever existed.

"Maybe because by fate you were actually meant to find someone that challenges you. If a single female, just by not speaking to you can make you look like that, I give her great respect. Imagine what she would do if she knew how powerful mate bond is." Alexander is right.

She has power over me yet she doesn't know. The only way to show her how much I care about her and her happiness is doing what makes her happy.

"You know Auri said that. She challenges me and she fights for what she believes in. If I gave her what she wanted..."

"...she would actually give you chance." Alexander finishes my sentence.

And I couldn't agree more. I have to make her happy to get her attention. And I know just how to get it.

Alexander and I were having a very nice time when the familiar scent of expensive perfume and lavender hit me like a slap in the face. No no no this is the worst fucken timing!

"Der'mo." Alexander says clearly smelling the same scent. This day can't get any worse.

"Rowan Papi! Tu amor ha llegado!"

....................................................................................

Hey guys! On my previous book people complained about not knowing the translations of foreign languages so this time I'll leave some translations.

"Der'mo."- Shit

"Rowan Papi! Tu amor ha llegado!" - Rowan baby! Your love has arrived!