Challenge Me My Queen

Rowan's POV

I was enjoying myself trying to find anything suspicious in the ball room but it was just a bunch of people dancing, chatting and happily having fun with themselves. That was a lie, I would rather be anywhere else than here.

"Could you at least smile to act like you want to be here Rowan?" Mother says on my left.

Smiling means I'm cooperating and I am approachable to the already lurking women in the party. To be quite honest, none of them seemed to have captured my attention enough for my eyes to linger long enough for me to be showing interest. Though some did not seem to be caring and were trying their luck either way. The only problem for them is that they can't dance with me unless I ask for their hand.

My brothers and sisters have scattered around the castle splitting up to see if they won't find anyone and I'm hoping they do. In the meantime, I will act like I am looking for a bride as per my mother's demands. I just can't wait till this horrid event is over.

As my eyes continue to scan the crowd, I saw my sister standing on the doorstep leading to the kitchen. She took rushed slides coming towards me, she whispers something to me before she returns back. She told me to come quick so I did not need to hear another word.

"Could you give me a moment mother? I will be right back." I say getting off my seat. She stops me by putting her hand on top of mine. With the little patience I have right now, she is ruining my already salty mood.

"You can not escape this, Rowan. You need to take responsibility for our people." She says.

"Believe me, that is what I'm doing right now. I'll be right back, mother." I removed myself from the chair and took big steps to follow Auri.

"What is it?" I say as soon as she is in front of me.

"Follow me." She leads the way to the kitchen.

There we find a girl in Henry's arms. He pulls her closer to him, probably because she was trying to squirm, she's too weak to get away though. I was confused why they captured a servant.

Though a servant, the girl seemed to have quite the beautiful face. Upon seeing me, her blue eyes held shock and fear at first before they changed to disgust. If the girl was one of the vampires on the dance floor, I am positive I would've already be waltzing with her, but unfortunately all that beauty is wasted into a weak human.

"What is this?" I ask feeling irritated.

Henry removes the girl's wig, not without a few struggles and protests from the girl. When he was successful, that revolting orange hair fell on her shoulders making my chest start to heat up. Unsure whether it's the building excitement or anger but either way, this is the highlight of my day or night.

"Reinette we-" A blond boy comes into view from the other entrance of the kitchen, as soon as he saw our position he turned around in an attempt to flee but my sister was quick to stand in front of him immediately taking away his senses.

"No! Don't hurt him! Urghh!" The girl continues to struggle. As much as this is enjoyable, where's her other half? I thought to myself. Then a really great idea which some would disagree with me came to mind. I know exactly how to get her to come out.

"Come, follow me." I say to Henry and my sister with their prisoners.

"Rowan, the Queen will know your true intentions of the ball, she won't be happy." Henry advises against it. I don't know when my cousin will stop being my mother's pet.

"I'm not looking to make her happy, Henry. I need her sister." I pointed at the Ginger haired girl.

"She won't come out to you, you vile, disgusting leech!" She spits in my direction, luckily not at me because she would be dead in a moment.