Baby Monster

Rowan's POV

It's taking everything in me not to try and figure out what my mate is thinking. I want to respect her privacy and do whatever she wants but her thoughts are cute and funny. They are very entertaining but I'm guessing she wouldn't want me to know what she was thinking yet.

Having her next to me, just me and her is exactly what I needed. Though she speaks now she's still closed off on me. She doesn't even want me to call her my mate. I'm pretty sure Isabella being here is the reason for that, especially because I reeked of her.

If I could tell her everything I might scare her so I'm trying to go slow on her and at the same time fast enough for when Isabella comes back, she and I will be closer than before.

We finally have arrived at our destination. A 9 floor building that I had renovated a week ago. I had plans for it but those plans have changed.

I parked outside of the place, my mate looked at me as if waiting for an explanation.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I say and leave the car.

I walked to the entrance but made sure my mate was still in sight. No matter where I am no has the guts to touch my car but if I must be paranoid of my mate, then I will.

"Your majesty. The building is ready. If I am not mistaken sir you said humans?" I nod at Christian, he was asking for confirmation at my request. Of course he had not expected it.

He is the brother of the person I hired to the project of renovating the building , Kayla but she was having a child so she couldn't help me today.

"Are they on their way?" I ask.

"Yes sir but I still don't understand why this beautiful building could be given to mere humans, it is suitable for being a hotel. It can generate income with tenants here." He says.

"I didn't ask for a financial advisor, Swift." I say going back to my car.

I found my mate there playing with her hair on her hands as if she was thinking about something.

I went and opened the door for her and gave her my hand.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"If I tell you that would ruin the surprise." I say.

"I'm not sure if I like surprises." I kissed her hand as an action to reassure her there's nothing to fear.

I walked inside the building and Christian was talking to one of his workers.

"Christian. I want you to meet someone." I tell him.

He turns to face us and my mate takes a step back. Her heart starts beating rapidly and she starts to breathe heavily.

"Kahina? What is it?" I say.

"Is everything alright your majesty?" Christian says, confusion in his voice or at least he acts confused.

"Kahina?" I asked her again. I tried brushing her back through her clothes and she takes a deep breath calming herself down.

"I'm fine. Hi Christian." She returns to her normal self, hiding all emotions once again. One minute she is having a panick attack the next she looks like nothing happened.

"O-kaay," I'm not sure what to do so I let it go for now. Why did she freak out when she saw Christian? "Can you show us around Christian?"

He nods and tells us to follow him. I can hear my mate's heart is beating loudly and fast. She's either nervous or something else that she isn't telling me. I'm pretty sure Kahina isn't nervous she fears none of us.