Not Yet My Partner

Rowan's POV

I have never in my whole life cared about what another person thinks of me. Neither my friends, family or followers because I had convinced myself their opinions do not matter.

But now, one human girl tells me how heartless I am and I hate myself as much as she hates me. She couldn't look at me and when she did, I couldn't look at her. Even though the things in her head said otherwise, she fights it. She fights the mate bond and I don't think it will stop.

My mother and Henry's words were still painted in my mind.

"Brother, are you okay?" Aurielia comes to my right and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"No I'm not." My reply came out in a bad way. " I don't get why the Moon Goddess chooses to test me always."

"You're a King, Rowan, of course she would test you. Right now she is testing to see if you would go by your mate's demands." She says. Demands?

"What demands?"

"Well, she has a fiery side, great skill set, a sharp mind and she is brave. All things a strong woman has and I'm sure she will make your life harder than its supposed to and will have demands. She fights for her people, the Moon Goddess made no mistake pairing you to her. She challenges you." When did my little sister get so wise? She noticed the look I was giving her and she frowned.

"Don't look at me like that, you may be stronger, but I am smarter than you." She says.

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that." We laugh together and I almost forget that I have to go back in there and talk to my mate.

"Word of advice. Be patient with her, you have little time with your mate. This is a second chance, don't blow it." And with that she left me with my thoughts.

I took a deep sigh before I made my way back to my chambers, to start over this time. I will try to keep my anger to myself, this time.

As soon as I entered the room again, she was now seated on the bed, with a book, wearing glasses, my glasses. I don't exactly have an eye problem, I just love the glasses.

"I don't get why you need glasses." She says.

"I don't, I just have them. You can take them if you want." I don't know why I said that but I regretted it as soon as I finished.

Great she makes me question my self. I can't even flirt in peace within second guessing it.

"I don't have eye problems. I expected you to come back with a type of punishment or something." She says. She looks so relaxed and cozy as if she is not in the bed of her enemy. I know what she means yes but she made me think of that in another way.

"Only you can decide your punishment love, I am keen for anything." I sat on the chair facing the bed as I looked for her reaction but nothing.

"What exactly did you want to talk to me about? Because I really don't like being away from my sister this long." She changed the subject. Rejection isn't nice, at all.

"Well my mother is forcing me to apologize about... that." I say pointing at her neck.

"You're bad at it." She states lifting her head so now our eyes meet, for the first time I see her eyes clearly. They look rather bored than annoyed or scared.

"I expected you to be scared of me."

"Is that what you prefer?" She asks.

"No. I like that you're not." I replied honestly. I took a deep breath breaking eye contact. I can't even hold eye contact with her because the feeling in my chest overwhelms me.