King Rowan

Reinette's POV

Once again they managed to separate us. I panicked once two very gorgeous tall girls though looked harmless, I felt it through my veins that they held great power. After a few moments of my sister trying to keep them away, the very handsome vampire from earlier on came into view and told us not to fear them as they were given orders to take us to a much more flattering prison. Okay he didn't exactly say that but he should've.

He told me to trust in him. I didn't trust him but in a way my whole body did. Even with her protests my sister was taken away from me because according to the Queen mother herself, she must speak with the King, alone. I have been feeling anxious since then.

"Calm yourself, Reinette. I promise you once the King is done she will come back to you." The girl with white hair says.

My sister left with the other girl with bangs. I actually feel her bangs I won't lie.

"What is he doing to her?" I ask.

"Probably talking and if he's not doing that then Auri is talking with her. She is going to drive her crazy." I start panicking at that part. What does she mean drive her crazy? I saw how she was able to control Jordan, is she going to do that to my sister too?

"Will she hypnotise her too? Then the king will kill her." I say remembering the night I saw a friend of mine getting torn into pieces by a heartless bastard.

"Huh? What? No. Oh dear of course not. I just meant she talks a lot and she's going to annoy her. I am sorry about your friend. But Auri can only hypnotise men. Whereas your mate, he can make people do what he wants but he chooses not to with you." She finishes.

"Mate? Who's my mate? Wait are you talking about the guy with blue eyes? You're shitting with me now right?" I say with a forced laugh.

"Oh no he didn't tell you? Oops, but yes, Henrik is your mate. Your sister is the King's mate therefore there are very little chances he could hurt her." I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding. I mean either way I can't be sure but as long as there's a chance she won't be hurt, again. "I mean no one is a 100% certain. After all he is far too gone."

"What?" I jumped after she said that last part. "You don't give someone hope and ruin it like that man!"

"I'm just saying, Rowan is not as bad as you guys think he is," She says.

"Yeah a guy that put my whole race into slavery for a reason only God knows is definitely not thaaat bad. I get you." She takes a deep breath obviously noticing my sarcasm.

"I get your point and trust me I can't even imagine how it feels. Though we also lost Rowan, he was once a good man but his father happened, now he is... just a King." What could his father possibly have done that we have to pay for it?

"Yeah well if my sister is his mate, he will have more reason to be angry because she despised him ever since she heard about him." True to say Kahina's anger is directed at the King more than anyone. I'm sure that conversation is not going well, she will eat him alive. God forbid he doesn't eat her.

~~~

Kahina's POV

I have been in this room for 20 minutes now and I'm bored. They gave me really good food that even at the camp they didn't have. I took a shower and I got refreshed, at least I smell better. My sister left with the nice vampire guy, though I'm still skeptical of him, he promised she is safe and protected. I don't trust this but the deal was to talk to the King then back to my sister.

I hate the King with my life. Despite the stupid, crazy attraction I felt for him, he is a heartless man, a murderer and he enslaved my whole species. I never even in my dreams wanted to see his face and he freaking bit me.

Right now I'm seated on a window couch, staring at the view of the mountains that have roads that lead to the big city. Where humans are sold, raped, abused and stripped of all dignity because it's their law. They are all heartless, as much as I'd rather die than to spend another day in this hellhole life with them, sister duties don't end after picking up my sister's duty.

"Trust me, I know all about that." My body went visibly still when I heard a voice behind me.

That voice that had called my name and made my heart beat faster than of a man that had been running for hours. I didn't know how to feel or what to say so I just continued to watch as the sun was warming up my skin from the window. I didn't have the will to look at him and I'm pretty sure he will make me anyway.

"I won't make you do anything you do not want, Kahina." He says. As soon as my name left his mouth I was barely holding on to myself.

I know how this goes, the helpless human girl falls in love with the King just because he is handsome and has a voice of an angel. Yes I've read Wattpad and those idiotic girls. I read Wattpad, deal with it! I'm not like those girls though, he would have to work to get my attention. It's not like he wants it. I will not cave to Stockholm syndrome!

"So you won't speak to me." He says again.

"I was taught that speaking to the devil only gets you sucked in the satanism. Sadly it sucked me instead." I chuckled to myself.

I heard his footsteps get closer and with each footstep my heart beat faster. I fear of what he might do to me again as the wound of his previous action is still not healed because it was never attended to for three days. Because of him. When he was inches away from me he stopped, I felt his dark orbs piercing on my back but I did not dare to look. He sat down in front of me but I didn't move a muscle and I just continued to stare out the window.

"How is your neck?" He asks.

"You know those fairy tales that our ancestors used to tell their children, and the movies they made about how a vampire can die from a stake, holy water and sunlight? Ever since I heard about you, I wished they were true. I wanted nothing more than an opportunity to see you suffer and know how it feels to get your heart ripped out of your body multiple times." I looked at him but his eyes were now looking away from me, at a distance as if he was thinking of something.

His skin was perfectly tanned and not a single pimple was in place, only his well- attended beard covered his face. His grey eyes were illuminating and not to mention his biceps visible on the black long sleeve shirt that matched his hair wasn't making anything better. His skin glistened and sparked in the sunlight and I'm not speaking Edward Collins spark of course he doesn't feel anything. He is the cold hearted King.

"What exactly makes you think I don't?" He says.

"The fact that my pain was caused by no one but you King Rowan." I say.

He said nothing after and pushed himself off his seat and started stomping to the door. He left me there alone in my misery, at least he didn't bite me this time. I'm sure he left because he couldn't stand the truth. Maybe he went to seek out ways to punish me. Oh well at least I ate.

....................................................................................

Hey guys. I loved this chapter, I hope you love it too. More coming your way