Trust, is the only key

Rowan's POV

My only thought was how my mate doing as we came back from the fight. All those who are a threat to our kind have been killed and taken care off. I told my guards to rid of their bodies but some were to be examined so we can know what exactly were we facing scientifically.

As soon as I was close to Henry's chambers, I could hear the slow breaths she was taking, they did not match her rapid heartbeat as if she was having an internal fight.

I was too focused on her breathing, I didn't hear anything else happening after that until I heard a crack which made me run to it. I found Henry sitting by a crack on his wall. Alexander was growling at my mate who had her hand wrapped around her sister's neck.

She was attacking her sister but Alexander's loyalty to them and us prevented him from hurting them. If she hurt one of them, one of us would hurt him too so his hands were basically tied.

Wasting no time, I went for her neck too in an act to make her let Reinette go.

I had her pinned against the wall, she was struggling and growling at me. I was more intrigued with her eyes more than anything. They were almost a russian violet colour and she was angry.

I held my mate by her neck against the wall. I made sure not to hurt her to the extent of leaving a bruise but enough to make her stop fighting me. She's oddly strong, her scent is different and very stronger than before. She smells like death, I didn't want to accept it before but now it's clear.

"Kahina?" I try speaking with her but she growls again instead.

My mate doesn't growl, she's a freaking human. That witch did something to her and I am going to make sure she suffers a slow and painful death.

"Kahina, listen to me." I try making my voice softer and more calming. It seemed to help though she was still struggling. "Kahina.."

Her eyes snapped to mine, they were back to their original aquatic colour. Her scent was now of my mate. Gone was the thing she was turning into not long ago.

I let her go slowly, I didn't want to be quick because it might have been a trick. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion

"What happened? Where am I? How di-" She didn't finish when her eyes moved slowly to the person behind me.

"Xander you're alive??" She started walking up to him and my hands involuntarily let her pass. She didn't acknowledge me but she acknowledged Alexander?

She stopped in her tracks all of a sudden seeing everyone's attention on her. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" She looked confused and so was everyone in the room. My attention turned from her to Alexander.

"Because you almost killed your sister." Henry seethed. As much as he was calm, I could feel inside he was pissed and his thoughts were worse.

"What?" She says softly. Her attention turned to Reinette who was resting in Henry's arms, her hand slowly rubbing her neck.

Kahina walked up to her but she flinched, burying her face into Henry's arms causing her to stop on her tracks. I could tell her heart broke at that moment. The sky started to get cloudy once again just like it's been doing since yesterday, but this time soft rain followed.

A few hours after Kahina woke up, neither Henry or Reinette trusted her close to Reinette. Alexander let me get inside his head and I found a lot, I also found a lot in Kahina's. She's been locking herself in our room ever since she found out she hurt people.

Right now I am seated with Alexander, Henry and Esmeray as we talk about this. Esmeray told me that the witches Alexander saw had been using old and forbidden magic. Creating a new species of which is dangerous and they turn lethal if weak-minded.