Hybrids at the Castle

Kahina's POV

I'm currently at the gym doing what takes my mind off of everything, especially pain. Working out. It's refreshing and good for your health but it also clears my head.

After doing my squats, I was about to do a few push ups when I felt a presence again. I sigh in irritation because he has been everywhere I go it's getting annoying.

"You know, I am trained to tell a difference between an empty room and a room with another presence besides my own. Very useful when you hunt down nightwalkers for a living." I say more to myself than him. Of course I know he could hear me though.

"It's smart too." He says coming out of a corner by the big window.

"He told you to follow me around?" I say crossing my arms.

"I would've done it even if he hadn't. But no, Henry did." He replies.

"Vampires are a pain in the ass." I turning to take a sip of my water.

"Oh, I think you're the only one who knows that." So he jokes?

I give him a look of irritation, hating that he has time to make dirty jokes at this time around. I only found out this morning that everyone knows when mates have newly mated and whatnot. Therefore everyone here knows I had sex last night, it's not a comfortable feeling.

"I expected at least Alexei to make that joke, not you." I say removing the bandages off me knuckles.

"Keep them on. What, are you tired of fighting?" He says.

"I found out your real powers. You little cheater." And liar. Men.

"First of all I didn't cheat. It's a gift I can't control." He explains.

"Right."

"You know maybe if you tr-" He paused as his eyes rows furrowed.

He sniffed the air for what seemed to be eternity before his eyes snapped open, realization spread across his features.

"We need to go." He roughly takes my hand. I would've protested but the last time he picked me up and we were in another room in less than a minute. When we were about to leave, he was kicked in the chest sending both of us to the wall. I was the one to hit the wall with my arm before he his body hit my chest. We both slipped down on the floor with powerful thuds.

When I tried to get up, my arm was in pain as if it was broken. I groaned as the pain only became more tense. Alexander was the quickest to recover when he got up and tried to help me get up.

"We need to go com-" Alexander said but I wasn't concentrated on him until I saw his body fall limply on the ground. Is he dead?

I lift my head up to see a half man half wolf person standing there holding a huge brick. He smiled maliciously at me, he was about to crouch down when someone spoke.

"Oh don't do that my dear son. A royal's blood will kill you. We're taking them both, let's go." A man in a formal black tuxedo says as his scary friend drags Alexander's body with him.

"Worry not little one, he's not dead. Yet." He smirked. His whole face changed from playful to deadly in a split second as he started stalking towards me. "But you, you are the answer to my plans princess. I'll have fun with you." I try backing up from him but some of my bones had been fractured making it painful to move.

"Don't try to run, you have nowhere to be." After he said that I saw his fist coming towards me in speed and just like that I was met with total darkness.

***

Reinette's POV

Auri and I have been pacing back and forth with worry. Alexei came back with Freya in his arms, she was unconscious.

He explained to us that one of those flesh eating freaks hit her head hard she fainted. He said he was lucky he showed up in time before it tried to eat her alive. He fought with it until he killed it. These things are barbaric, I've never seen anything like them before. Vampires were a fun danger to toy with and they never scared me but these things don't have minds of their own.

"Your majesties." Grant, one of the guards enters the room.

They have been trying to get them out of the castle ever since they arrived. Which was not even 15 minutes.

"Grant, are they gone?" Auri asks first.

"We've managed to get them out of the castle but..." He trails off.

"But?" Alexei asks.

"They took master Alexander and one of the human girls." My heart stopped beating at that second. They took my sister...

"Whattt??!" Auriela screams which frightened Freya out of her sleep.

"Ahhh! Xan-" She paused when she realises her surroundings.

"Freya, hey you're with us. Calm down." Alexei tries to calm her down but she only seemed to be breathing heavily.

"Calm down??? Rowan is going to go barbaric! I called him and they are on their way back right now. They took Kahina and Xander." She says with a panick.

"Wait you saw them?" Auri asks.

My mind was clouded that I couldn't hear anything else they spoke about ny sister. My sister who got kidnapped!

A lot of thoughts pass through my head with what we have done in the past years, a lot of things cross my mind until I start breathing heavily. I could feel the walls closing up on me. My sister is not here because I wasn't with her to protect her when she needed me most. She's out there and surrounded by revolting flesh eating creatures and they could kill her. I could lose my sister.

My head feels so light as the tears on my face start to burn and my vision gets blurry. I hear voices from a distance and something shaking me but I couldn't tell what.

"...ette! Reinette!" My consciousness finally returns as my eyes gain focus on Alexei who was shaking me.

"Huh?" I muttered when I finally found my voice.

"You've been frozen for a couple of minutes. Are you okay?" My eyes start to look around the room and everyone was looking at me with concern.

"I- Kahina.." My words still couldn't come out as my thoughts were still on Kahina. My eyes start to water as reality keeps sending me a strike after another.

Alexei wrapped me around his arms to comfort me. I let all my tears out as I miss my sister and blame myself for all that happened to her.

"It's going to be a okay. We're getting her back alright? She'll be here." He tried to soothe me.

During my cry for my sister, I don't remember when I ended up sleeping.

***

I woke up with a heavy and painful head. I had unbearable hunger and not to mention the amazing hazelnut smell. I felt strong yet soft hands brush through my hair and I hummed in response.

My memories came back in a flash of seconds and I jolted up from my sleep. The moment my eyes opened, they were met with dark orbs, he looked angry. When did he come back?

I turned to see if the person who was brushing through my head was, hopefully, not Alexei.

"You almost hit my chin just like your sister did to you." He says and gives me his pearly white fang smile.

I didn't think of anything else as I engulfed in the comfort of him. If I can't see my sister, I could at least find comfort in the arms of the man I love.

......................................................................................

Hey guys, another chapter coming right up!