Chapter VI

Sunday August 2, 2009 1:00PM

Michael

Sundays were supposed to be my day off, but today I was called to a meeting with the tour promoter and his team to discuss some matters that had come up. Of course the objective was to cash in on this thing as much as possible. So more shows had been added. Including the breaks between legs, the tour would now span over 16 months...

I yawned quietly and my eyes watered as I looked over the new schedule. The dates, countries, and cities all merged together on the paper. I had gotten maybe two hours of sleep last night. "Ok." I said softly after looking it over, placing it back on the table. More words were exchanged between Frank and the promoter, but it all sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

"Thank you very much, sir." We shook hands. I wasn't sure exactly what he was thanking me for, but I nodded as we broke contact. Frank shook his hand next and I followed Malik as he led me out of the building and towards my car. Fans were crowded around outside of the building and in just that quick couple of minutes. The media had gotten word that the tour had been extended. More tickets would be available soon...

Reporters were there to question me... I hid behind my shades and let Frank do all the answering as he confirmed that more shows had been indeed been added. I made it safely inside of white van I'd arrived in and once the doors were closed I laid my head back and closed my eyes, drifting off almost instantly.

For the first time in a long time all I wanted was to be left alone in my hotel room. I threw myself back down into my un-maid bed. Housekeeping only came in here upon my request. Too many times have I had things taken from me... I rolled over on my side and scooped up the pillow next to me, holding it close to me as if it were a person.

If it bothers you that badly... I can see to it that you don't become a thirty year old virgin.

I saw a vision of her hand running down my chest and stomach. I shivered as I remembered the sensation. I wanted more of that feeling... I needed it. But could I really do something so reckless and get away with it? She could be playing me... using me... To be the girl who took Michael Jackson's virginity.

I remembered my hand on her chest... Ooo, if I could just hold them in my hands... mold them... feel them...

I wondered what it's really like being inside of a woman... Would I get addicted? As much as I've resisted all these years... If l let myself get a taste of what it's like... would I be just like the rest of these rock stars out here? Bringing home groupies and spreading myself around...

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I closed my eyes and breathed a heavy sigh into the pillow. I reached back and pulled it out, holding it in front of my face. In my dark room, the backlighting of the phone seemed intensely bright. I squinted as I read the home screen full of missed notifications of texts and calls...

Janet wanted to know if I had talked to Arilynn.

Jermaine asked me if this was my right number. My family got so offended every time I changed my number and didn't let them know immediately as if I was trying to purposely avoid them.

Rebbie wanted me to let her know when would be a good Sunday before I embark to have a family gathering. It was pretty normal for the family to try and gather before a big event like a tour for any of us. When you leave the country and stuff... anything could happen.

Arilynn had texted me last night just to say hi and wish me well. Gosh... she was so sweet. I instantly felt bad that I had missed her message and wrote her back quickly. At the very least, I'd like her friendship. If we met again, I'd make sure to establish that as my intentions towards her.