Chapter XVII

Sunday September 12, 2009 12:55AM

Vivian

I sat alone in the empty hotel room. The show ended at ten and Candace, her sisters, and I hustled out of there a few minutes before the show had officially ended. Michael was still pacing the stage giving his final 'Wooo hooo! Aaoooww! And Hee hee's and telling the crowd how much he loved each and every one of us. Explosions were still popping off behind him and the band was going crazy. We were bookin' it out of there to beat the traffic. Candace and I were frequent Vegas concert goers before I became a mom and we knew how this worked. A few others had the same idea as us but we managed to get ahead of the largest portion of the crowd. It only took me about twenty minutes to make it from the arena to the hotel.

For about the first hour that I was here... I was ok just admiring the luxury of it all. I even contemplated testing out that Jacuzzi I had been dreaming about since before the first time I was invited here. But I thought no... let me wait for Sparkly Socks. So I waited... and waited... paced around... and waited.

I activated the home screen of my phone.

Five minutes til one... Did the wires get crossed between his people and I? Was he even coming at all? Did he switch up the hotels? Shit, if he was coming he'd probably be too tired to even want to do anything by the time he gets here... I decided to make some coffee. Just as I had fully engrossed myself in the process, I heard the door to the suite open. Michael walked in like a big ball of sunshine, filling the room with his intoxicating aura...

Damnit, the wait was worth it.

He ran to me with open arms and I sat my cup down just time to be engulfed in them. I giggled as he rocked me back and forth in his long hug. He was wired!

"Mmm... girl, I missed you!" He pulled back and his wide eyes examined my face as if he were looking for something that may have changed. Damn, it had only been a week. How was he going to make it months?

"I know you did." I said confidently, turning back to my coffee. "Want a cup?"

"Nah... if I add caffeine to this adrenaline that's still pumping. I'll never fall asleep tonight." He answered. He was already dressed in a pair of black and grey plaid pajama pants and a big black T-shirt. He smelled shower fresh, and his hair was still wet and tight back into a little curly bun. His face was still covered in make-up, but as I looked him up and down, I noticed something different about his hands. There were white spots decorating his knuckles. He noticed me looking and strategically put his hands behind his back.

"What took you so long to get here?"

His eyes shifted to the side and then back to me. His lips twitched into a cocky little smile. "Now who sounds like the possessive partner?"

"Touché." I took a sip of the warm liquid. "Can we try out the Jacuzzi tonight?"

"Tonight's whatever you want, girl..." he said softly, that shy smile returned and it took me back to the first night I saw him in the bar... "I...um... don't know how to... you know... turn it on or anything."

"Oh! Right..." I held a hand to my chest being extra dramatic. "Your highness probably has people running his bath water for him, doesn't he?" I snickered behind my cup of coffee as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Stop..." he turned his eyes to the floor. For a moment it looked like he was a bit ashamed. Then it dawned on me that maybe what I had said was actually true.

"You do!"

"Only in hotels and stuff... I mean... everywhere you go the knobs are so different... it gets tricky!" he said with a laugh as he defended himself. "I don't have an hour to figure out how to turn a shower on. Especially on tour."