Chapter XIX

Tuesday September 15, 2009 11:02AM JST (Japan Standard Time)

Michael

"Alright, alright... We gotta get moving!" Malik said as he attempted to close the doors again. I had both arms full of cute Japanese charms, cards, flowers, and stuffed animals.

"Arigatou!" I called out in what was probably a terrible English accent before they shut the door. Japanese people and their gift giving. I leave here with probably more things than I do anywhere else. The van began to crawl forward at an excruciatingly slow pace. I laid my gifts in the seat next to me. We spent the morning at an orphanage here in Tokyo. The conditions were fairly nice. I was satisfied with that, but what was depressing is the child adoption rate here...

None of these kids have hopes of ever being adopted and children living in Japan often have a hard time getting into good schools coming from orphanages. I would adopt every one of those adorable round faced children if I could, but unfortunately I can't. At least I was able to put a smile on their faces and provide them with a little bit of hope for a day.

Next stop... I had two hours' worth of Tokyo Disneyland all to myself. The crew from the tour would be joining me of course and my buddy Macaulay Culkin had flown in with his parents and siblings to hang out with me here and then back at the hotel so I wouldn't be lonely. I allowed a few lucky Japanese local families to join me as well that way I'd have other kids around. Going to places like this with a bunch of adults wasn't as fun to me, but there was one adult... maybe two that I knew for sure I'd have a good time with here. Vivian... perhaps Arilynn if she let go.

As the vehicle trudged along slowly I slipped into another daydream of bringing Vivian here with me. I'd make her dress up like Ariel... To see those breast in a sea shell bra... I rubbed a hand down my face as if to erase the thought before I got myself aroused.

I glanced at my phone wondering why she hadn't attempted to reach me. I knew we wouldn't be able to talk over the phone because I didn't want to cost her any money, but I sent her text messages and even a damn email and no response. It had only been a few days, well technically it's still Monday back there so barely a day...

I shrugged it off and proceeded to enjoy my day.

Friday September 18, 2009 12:45AM JST

I arrived in Nishinomiya City.

...and still no word from her.

I shouldn't have expected it. I try and stay humble, but it's hard sometimes not to let the celebrity get to your head. Especially since I'd been a celebrity for as long as I can really remember... A little part of my mind thought 'Now, who wouldn't want to travel to an exotic destination and spend time with Michael Jackson?'

Vivian apparently...

Oh well... I thought as I heaved a heavy sigh. This let down feeling was not foreign to me. This situation always happened with females, though before Vivian it happened before we ever even got to second base. Something usually got in the way whether it was my schedule, the controlling people around me, or what have you. This is the first time a female had just willingly up and cut all ties with me though... It stung me a little deeper than I imagined. I was thankful for the packed schedule I had for today and tomorrow with the concerts at night. It would keep me from dwelling on this too much.

I didn't have time to dwell on this. I sat up from the small hotel bed and looked around for my phone. Sleep obviously wasn't coming and I knew if it was in the middle of the night, it would probably be a decent hour back home. I had only briefly checked in with my mother upon arrival, I'd give her another call to let her know how the first couple of shows went and stuff... I really just wanted to hear her voice. Someone's voice... That empty, lonely feeling was consuming me again. Even though I was surrounded by my fans outside of the hotel, I still felt like a lonely caged animal. A zoo exhibit.