Chapter XVI

Saturday September 12, 2009 4:30PM

Vivian

Aden and Ava chased each other around in my room giggling. They ran in a circle jumping on my bed to complete the rotation. Michael's Bad album was playing in the background. It was currently on Another Part of Me. I heard a loud thud.

"Alright that's enough! Someone's going to get hurt!" I yelled stepping across the hall, pulling the cord of my straighter to its full length so I could take a peek at what was going on in there. Aden was sitting on the floor and Ava was sitting cross legged on my bed. Both of them had guilty smiles on their faces.

"Mommy! How come I can't go to the concert?!" Ava asked in her cute, high pitch little voice. She walked over to me with her lip poked out and wrapped her arms around my waist. I pulled the hot iron through my long hair and sat it down.

"You have to be thirteen before you're allowed to go to a concert." I answered simply as I used my fingers to dust my long bangs to the side, covering my left eye.

"Why?!" she barked.

"Because concerts are for big kids."

"Why?" she titled her curly head to the side.

I laughed knowing this conversation could be endless. I gently pulled her arms from around my waist and knelt down in front of her. "One day you'll be performing at your own concert. Because you destined to be a supaastaar!" I gave her a smooch on the lips leaving a bit of my dark red lipstick on her. She giggled and picked up the brush holding it like it was a microphone. She belted out the next line in the song and I joined in with her as I finished up my look.

I did my hair and make-up to impress, but my clothing was simple. With the tickets came four black T-shirts with Thrillerboy's face on them all in size small. I had one on, two arms full of black bands and bracelets, and a nice pair of jeans. I'd been to plenty of concerts at this same arena and I knew I'd be walking around a lot so I skipped the heels and put on a pair of Mary Jane style flats.

I needed to be leaving here by five to head over to Candace's. We were going to follow each other to the arena. The traffic would probably be hellacious so we were trying to leave town by five-thirty. The concert started at eight. From there I was instructed by one of Michael's people over the phone to drive alone the hotel and the reservation was under Mr. and Mrs. Jones. Yeah, you heard it Michael spoke to me through his people. It kind of made me feel less special. Like I was just a free prostitute that he was entertaining for the night...

But this is what I asked for right?

Saturday September 12, 2009 6:30PM

Arilynn

I rode in the luxurious limo with Janet and Katherine to the arena. Everyone else had their own things going on and couldn't make the show. I expected his brothers to be a little more supportive... but I guess I didn't understand their relationship as well as I thought I did. Janet was so worried about Michael drifting away... What about the rest of her family? No one seemed to really be getting along that well. I listened to Katherine vent about conflicts that had been going on in the house. Latoya had moved out again and wasn't speaking to anyone. You could tell it was all making her very exhausted...

Janet sent a car for Esteban so that he could meet us there. My phone lit up with a text from him gushing about the insane car that had just arrived for him. I pressed my lips together trying to hold back a smile. I didn't want to be over here giggling while Katherine and Janet were having a serious talk about their family's issues.

"Is that Michael?" Janet asked me suddenly, her serious expression melting into a warm smile.

"No that was Esteban. I was just imagining his face with that Bentley pulled up to his house."