Chapter XXIII

Saturday October 24, 9:15PM

Michael

I arrived in Germany. I was able to keep my arrival here unknown and moved on the low from the airport to the hospital my sister was in. It was late, but I had gotten here as soon as I could. I'd forgotten to call Arilynn and let her know I was on my way, but I was here now that's all that should matter. I wore a baseball cap and the same skull hoodie I wore when I first met Vivian. It was about forty-eight degrees outside here. Freezing compared to the California temperature I had departed from. I managed to keep a low profile as I entered the hospital.

Malik stayed behind. A lot of people if they didn't recognize me, they'd be looking out for people they knew were around me. I'm sure ever since the infamous 'strip club' sighting, Malik would be noticed. A German native stand in took his place instead.

There was a short conversation in German between him and the man standing outside of my sister's room before I was allowed inside.

My sister was sitting up in her bed watching the TV, and eating a bowl of assorted fruit. There at her side was Arilynn sitting in the chair beside her bed looking down at her phone. Every time I see her, it's a reminder of how beautiful she is. When I'm in her presence, I'm always taken by it, but it just doesn't stick with me like Vivian's did. Even when I'm not in her presence I'm affected.

I walked in so quietly, neither female seemed to notice me enter the room. "Well, hello ladies." I said in a mock deep voice. They both looked up, a bit alarmed. And both of their expressions quickly changed when they saw it was me.

"There's my apple headed brother!" Janet exclaimed. She looked and sounded like her normal self which I was thankful for. I would have broken down in tears if I had to see her looking sickly.

Arilynn just smiled broadly. She did not seem as nervous as usual. Her posture remained the same, slouched in her chair. Normally whenever she sensed my presence her entire posture would change. To test this theory, I moved over to her and pretended like I was going to sit down in her lap.

She just giggled and braced herself to be crush. I chuckled and stayed standing. There was only one chair in the small, private room. I turned my attention back to my sister.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

She nodded with a mouth full of fruit. "Better." She said after a big swallow.

"What has mother always told you about this not eating business?" I put a hand on my hip as I lectured her. Her eyes immediately rolled back in her head and she just looked down at her fruit.

"I know, ok... I was under a lot of pressure. I'm in the middle of a tour. Nobody has time to find me a brand new wardrobe because I'm steady putting pounds on." She said giving me that little sister sass.

"Well, what's the deal? Aren't you on a healthy diet?"

"I don't want to talk about it." She murmured.

"Well we're gonna." I demanded, taking one step towards her bed. Arilynn stood quickly.

"I can um..." She pointed to the door, but I pointed to her chair.

"Take a seat, ma'am. I want you to hear all of this and then stay on my sister." I winked at her to show I was just kidding around. She, however sat there like a loyal pet and watched as I lectured my sister about staying in good health.

10:00PM

Arilynn

Unable to handle the awkward tension, I finally managed to slip away excusing myself to 'use the restroom.' I went to the waiting room instead and tried to collect myself and calm my nerves. His presence still had every bit of its initial effect on me and I had to stop it.