Chapter XV

Sunday September 6, 2009 1:30AM

Michael

I laid wide awake in bed. This hotel room was strangely enough starting to feel like home. I'd been in the same one for so long.

Vivian hadn't called me.

I hadn't spoken to her since I left the hotel this morning. It made me wonder if she was upset. Did she not believe me when I said I hadn't broken the rules? I can't be losing sleep over this girl...

This week was going to be busy. I couldn't afford to be going without sleep, but my mind just wouldn't let me rest. Monday I had an interview here in Vegas with a famous reporter to talk about the tour. My people made sure it would be questions solely about the tour and nothing else. I didn't want to hear about any of these psychopathic rumors the tabloids were creating as of late. There were all false. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.

False. False. False.

Case closed.

I won't talk about it anymore.

After that I was going to a radio station where a group of fans would be waiting to meet me. I had a short interview there and then it was off to another signing. It was important for business to get my fans ramped up about the concert. It was important to me to show them that I cared and appreciated them paying their good money to see me. I did not want to show up and disappoint them by looking like a zombie. I didn't want the people around me trying to force any miracle pills on me to get me 'focused.' I've lived thus far as a drug free man. It's part of what I stood for...

A small light illuminated the dark room. My phone... I got up out of bed and sat down at the glass table. Gently separating it from its charger. It was Vivian. I couldn't prevent my lips from stretching into a silly smile. It was a strange feeling... In the past I've had to shut my phone off to prevent women from calling me repeatedly and here I was lying in bed waiting desperately for her call.

"Hello?"

"I am alive!" she said dramatically making me chuckle.

"Good! I was worried. What took you so long to call?" I asked picking up the pencil and began a random doodle on the paper. I had written a couple of versus that had been stuck in my head for the past couple of day down.

"Whoa now, someone sounds like an obsessive boyfriend and I don't have any boyfriends." She sounded so nonchalant about it. All I could do was laugh softly. "That kind of behavior makes me think we shouldn't see each other again." My laughter ceased and so did my doodling.

"Girl... don't be like that. I was just worryin' is all. You were pretty messed up." I said forcing a soft chuckle to hide my slightly hurt feelings.

"Riiight. Sorry about that. I just... I guess I told you that I lost my job and stuff. I think I let the stress control my willpower. Thank God you kept yours... What else did I tell you last night?" I could hear the hesitance in her voice as she asked.

I laughed again as the most memorable thing she said came to mind. "Just kiss me you mega famous motha..." I mocked her leaving out the curse word.

"Shut up!!!" she screamed laughing. "I did not say that!"

"You did." I whispered another chuckle as I began to draw again.

"Holy shit... I'm really sorry. I'm a total idiot. I promise that won't happen again." She sounded really serious and sincere. A tone in her voice that was rare to hear outside of the constant sarcasm. But what was she apologizing for? She made the rules. I could care less if she broke them...