Chapter XXV

Friday October 30, 2009 10:30 PST

Michael

Fairview... I smiled to myself as I coasted into town. I changed up my vehicle this time - another rental but nothing quite as luxurious as the ride I usually come to town. I fit in better with this silver Ford Focus. The houses were all decorated in cute Halloween themed decorations. I almost swerved off the road more than a few times taking in the sights.

Even the bar was lit up in orange lights with a grim reaper statue standing by the door. As I got closer, it lifted its scythe and a horrible sound effect blared. I jumped back holding my chest - my heart damn near beating out of it. The door flew open, scaring me again. It was a man in a Jason mask. I stumbled a few steps backwards and almost took off running before he spoke.

"Excuse me." The man said just as politely, holding the door open for me. Hip hop music flowed out of the open door. I swallowed hard and nodded to him before attempting to enter the bar. Well, gee... a Halloween costume party! I'm an idiot for not considering it! A guy in a full spandex Spiderman suit - mask and all - nodded to me as I walked by. I bumped into a French maid and she dusted me playfully with her feather duster prop, giggling flirtatiously at me. I smiled at her and felt a little blush warming my cheeks as I eased my way by her. The small bar was probably fuller than I'd ever seen it before.

I bumped and brushed against several characters before finally reaching the bar only to see that my secluded spot was taken and not all that secluded anymore. There wasn't a seat open! I saw a flash of red and then that gorgeous smile. She moved around the bar sliding drinks in every direction.

She was dressed as pirate with a corset top laced up the front. Every man at the counter had their tongues waggin'- including myself. She acknowledged me right away with a wink. I knew she was very busy so I nodded back to her and waited patiently off to the side for things to slow down a little bit.

They had a new jukebox - or at least I hadn't noticed it before - and I watched as a spicy Little Red Riding Hood and her date the Big Bad Wolf scrolled through the selection. I cringed internally as I watched the cover of my Thriller album appear on the screen. Please don't, please don't, please don't!

They did. Vivian was going to tease the crap out of me. I glanced her way again to see her waving to her cousin and heading toward the back of the bar. She gave me a signal that clearly meant 'meet her outside.'

I blew out a short breath of relief and did just that.

11:00PM

Vivian

I squealed as I landed in Thrillerboy's arms. He squeezed me close to him with a light hum of delight. "What's up?! What's been going on?! Didja hit that little virgin yet?" I took a step back from him and pulled out my cigarette. I was only able to break away from the bar because this was my designated smoke break time.

Michael blushed and shook his head. His eyes roamed my body, landing on their favorite spot. I had my girls sitting high up in this tight corset. I bit my lip and wiggled my eyebrows at him, shimmying my shoulders a little.

"Stop..." he chuckled, still blushing.

"Well what's the story?! I'm dying to know." I blew a puff of smoke away from him and then looked up at his face. I was really dying to know and if I was honest with myself it was for all the wrong reasons. Deep down I wanted him to tell me he was still single - not that I could or would make any moves on him either way.

"There ain't nothing to know, girl... I told you. I'm just not sure how I feel about her yet. I don't wanna... you know... do something like that and regret it or have her regret it." He answered in that soft, tender voice of his. God, I missed it.