Chapter XX

Thursday October 15, 2009 11:30AM

Michael

Back on a plane...

My time in Japan was over. As homesick as I was starting to become, I was reluctant to leave the beautiful country and its rich culture. I could buy a home here and stay for months at a time...

Our next stop was to be Australia, but the shows in the first two cities I was to visit had to be cancelled due to equipment failure and financial reasons combined with the time restraint. I hated to disappoint the fans, and offered to pay any additional expense out of my own pockets to make the show go on, but ultimately my people made the decision to cancel. Leaving me with about a month of free time due to the cancelled shows.

I'd kept in touch with Arilynn as I promised. She was in France right now and it sounded like she was having a good time with Janet's crew. We'd have four or five other short phone calls mainly just discussing our travels and experiences. She had the same love of knowledge that I did. Discovering new places, learning new things. I don't go a day without learning something new. She was the same way. I contemplated flying to France and visiting with her and Janet and taking in another one of Janet's concerts. Janet had been on my mind lately also. Ever since I was young, I would have dreams of events and then similar things would happen in real life sometimes days or weeks later. I had a dream of Janet and she was in a hospital gown. I wanted to see her and make sure she was being healthy and treating her body right. I knew sometimes her unhealthy obsession with her body image caused her to do unhealthy things.

But other than that, of course I'd spend a little time with Ari. Maybe even take her out in Paris... I let her know this was a possibility. She was excited about the idea, but before I take the initiative and move forward with her, I had to know one thing.

And that was if Vivian was truly done seeing me. More than the if I wanted to know why. This whole thing had been weighing on my mind and heart for the past month and I wouldn't feel settled until I spoke with her one last time. I can't put my finger on what it is about the girl, but her face hadn't left my dreams.

The thought of her hadn't left my mind.

So here I am on a plane headed straight to Vegas.

Friday October 16, 2009 9:00PM

Vivian

Life was pretty much back to the norm. Workin' two jobs, holding down the fort, tolerating my mother and caring for my kids. We had a household countdown going on until our favorite holiday. Halloween! My kids were amped about trick-or-treating and getting a costume. With my new job, I would actually be able to afford nice ones for them this year instead of the homemade ones I usually do for them.

The bar was fairly packed tonight. My uncle was in the process of building on to the place to add an outdoor area and stage where local bands could perform. His son Preston, my cousin who also still worked at the bar had started his own band that was becoming pretty popular around town.

I moved fast behind the bar pouring drinks left and right, sometimes I don't know how I keep it all straight. I slid Mrs. Elliot her vodka on the rocks and sent a quick text to her son that it's gonna be one of those nights. As I exited the text, I saw a new one pop up from a number I didn't recognize.

You don't recognize me?

I looked up and glanced around the bar specifically towards that spot in the corner. My heart jumped to my throat. There in his old usual spot sat Thrillerboy... It wasn't that I didn't recognize him, it was just that I had trained myself not to stare at that dark corner and think about him being there. Instead of that goofy smile he usually wore, his lips were in a straight line. Unamused written all over his expression even behind those large sunglasses. I looked away quickly and continued on with serving customers. I had the stupid thought of if I just ignore him, he'll go away. But I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again.