Chapter SEVENTY-TWO

Alexandrea's P.O.V

The rest of my day after I cried my eyes out at the hallway while trying to find out if Nick was the one in the theatre was a blur. I woke up yet again on the hospital bed and found my mom by my side. She sprung up as soon as my gaze met hers.

"Oh my God! Alex! My baby." She sat and embraced me as I sat up and I hugged her back."How are you feeling? I'm sorry I wasn't here when you woke up" she said as she teared up. "I'm sorry all these things happened to you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you. I'm sorry I'm a bad mother--" She cried and I cut her off.

"No, mom. None of these things happened because it was your fault. And you're a great mother. You're the best" I rubbed her back in circles comfortingly. I hated to see her cry.

She untangled herself from the hug and cup my face in her palms "I love you, okay? I love you so much. Axel has been arrested. He will rot in jail, I promise you." She said as I smiled. That was reassuring.

"I love you too, Mom." I said. She kissed my forehead. She had dark circles under her eye and a few healing cuts. She hasn't been sleeping. "Why haven't you been sleeping?" I pouted, resting against the wall.

"How could I sleep when you weren't awake yet?" She said as she stood up to carry her bag from the plastic chair that was in the end of the room. She came bag and sat beside me and I scooted over for her. She unzipped her large sized hand bag and brought out a grey sweater. I gasped and collected it from her.

"Mom!" I exhaled and hugged the sweater, passing her a huge smile. "I love you so fucking much! I needed this" I said and she gave me a disapproving look.

"No swear words, young lady" she scolded and I pouted. I could smell soap on the sweater. She must have washed it. I really needed this. It made me feel like my grandma was still here with me and that alone gave me support. "So what do you want to eat so I can get it from the cafeteria? I didn't bring an home cooked meal because I was in a hurry" she added.

"Urm...pizza?" I asked and she shook her head firmly in disagreement.

"You're just recovery. You need something a little bit nutritious than that. I'll see what they have. I'll be right back." She said and stood up, dusting imaginary dirt from her jeans.

"Okay" I said and started to out on the grey sweater. A phone laid on the bed and I didn't notice it until she stood up. She was about walking out the door when I brought her notice to it. " You bought a new phone?" I asked and she stopped.

"Yes, yours is in the bag. Check it" she said and left the room while I bubbled in excitement. I checked her bag and brought out another phone. This should be mine then. Ugh! Yes!

Wait, the Chinese lady I met at the warehouse. The phone she gave me. Oh my God, how could I loose the phone? I did a  facepalm and sighed. "Could it be with any of the cops or the doctors?" I thought out aloud.

"Surprise girl!" Zoey stormed into the room, squeezing me in a warm hug. It reminded me of Bex but not as tight. I didn't realize how much I missed my friends. Daisy and Eli entered as well. Eli stood awkwardly by the door while Daisy and Eddy stood behind Zoey.

"You guys came." I grinned. It was really nice. If it wasn't from the whole drama in my family, no one would be hurt and we would be worrying about little things like school grades and boys not about getting killed by by stepfather. She stepped back as we separated from the hug. She grinned widely at me. Eddy patted my hair with a smile.

"Ofcourse we did, silly" Daisy answered before she enveloped me in a warm embrace as well. She released me. "How do you feel now?" She asked as she walked over to the white plastic chair and sat down.

"Happy that you all are here." I said and my eyes landed on Eli. I opened my arms. "I don't get a hug from you?" I teased and he chuckled before walking over.

He hugged me briefly and smiled. I smiled back. "I'm glad you're okay" he said before stepping back. Zoey sat on the bed beside me.

"What's this tension? Jeez" Zoey eyed both of us. "Anyways, on our way here we met your doctor and he said Bex is doing good and she just need to wake up. Her wound is healing already" she smiled when none of us answered.

"That's good news. I miss her already. It's so nice to see you guys" I said again and Zoey took my hand in hers. I know what we're all doing. We're all trying to cover up Nick's situation with every other news. We don't want to face the reality.

"Your doctor is really hot, by the way" she muttered but loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"Older men are your type now ?" Eddy scoffed, pouting like a child. I laughed, missing all this.

Zoey chuckled. "Ofcourse not, you're my type" she said and Eddy smiled proudly.

"This flirting is hurting my eyes" Eli exclaimed and Zoey rolled her eyes. Her eyes landed on my mum's bag.

"Was someone here?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, my mom. She went to get me something to eat." I answered and speaking of her, she entered, startled to find a crowd in the room already.

"Wow, I see you have visitors already. Good morning" she smiled warmly, walking in with a tray of food.. Eli collected the tray from her and dropped it on my leg on the bed.

"Ow! It's hot" I exclaimed and folded my legs, shifting the tray to the side.

"Eli, always a gentleman" my mom smiled placing one hand on his cheek, ignoring my exaggerated exclamation.

"Mom!" I whined.

"Zoey, Eddy. How are you doing?" She asked as she walked over to my bed and gave Zoey a hug. She ruffled Eddy's hair as he gave her a dimpled smile.

"We're good" Zoey answered. "This is my grandma" she gestured towards the chair Daisy was sitting on.

My mom walked over and Daisy stood up. They gave eachother a hug then pulled back smiling. "Nice to meet you ma'am"my mom smiled.

"Please don't call me ma'am, I'm not that old. I'm Daisy" she playfully flipped her hair, making us all burst into laughter.

My mom and Daisy continued to talk as Eli walked over to me holding a bag. He unzipped it and I followed his movements, curious about what he was going to bring out. He dipped his hand into a pile of clothes and brought out a book.

It looked like a sketch book. "You should see this" he said, handing the book over to me. Zoey furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Eli.

"What is that?" She asked. Eli also got close to see what the book was about.

I opened the first page and it was blank. I passed Eli a glare. " Is there something inside or this is a prank? I'm curious here" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Open the next page" he said and I did.

I opened some pages together and wanted to return to the second page but a beautiful blacks and white outline caught my eye. It was a sketch of me, dancing with my hands in the air barefooted. A soft gasp escaped my lips at the sight.

"You drew this?" I asked, my eyes snapping up to meet Eli's.

"No. Nick did."

××××××××××××××××××××××
20/05/2022