chapter 1

Roy seemed to have a never-ending dream in the darkness and haze.

The dream seemed bizarre and ridiculous, and the reason why the word 'seemed' was used to describe it was because the dreamland dissipated immediately when a wave of throbbing came over him.

Roy woke up. The very moment he awakened, he could not recall anything about his dream.

After waking, Roy felt something amiss about his environment. He felt his entire body shrank into a ball and confined in a small space with air that reeked of rancid body fluid, which was even a little sticky.

Roy could not figure anything out since there was no light around him. Out of instinctive fear, he subconsciously opened his mouth to shout. However, he was almost choked to death by the liquid he inhaled.

Roy flailed his hands around blindly in panic as though he were drowning. In the end, his hands touched something that seemed to be a layer of 'wall'. He reached out and touched it. It felt thin and warm.

It was too late to think too much. Roy subconsciously banged his fist on this layer of 'wall' only to realize that something was wrong. His strength seemed to be much lower, and even his body was not what it was supposed to be.

Fortunately, that layer of 'wall' finally broke after he consecutively banged his fist against it. He heard a crack, and a fissure appeared in the wall. Faint light came through.

It worked! Roy's spirit was immediately rejuvenated, and he continued smashing.

After Roy managed to send a piece of the wall flying, the viscous liquid around him finally found an outlet. It rushed out through the gap, and the air from the outside world flowed in, allowing Roy to be finally satisfied with his instinctive breathing. He took a long deep breath, and the fullness in his lungs gave him the feeling of gratification that he was finally saved.

However, Roy was taken aback by the strange sounds he made after exhaling. He did not know if it was because his vocal cords had not been in use for a long time, but the sound he made was like this:

Tweet~~

Shit! Did I turn into a moaning monster?! Roy mocked himself before quickly peeling off the rest of the cracked 'wall' and making the gap larger. He grabbed the edge and drilled his body out of the gap.

The first thing Roy did after he pushed himself out was to raise his head and look at the sky. He was stunned!

Purple... moon?!

After staring at it for quite some time, Roy was finally certain that the round thing exuding a purplish glow and hanging in the sky was a moon. He then lowered his head in panic and looked at the place from where he had just emerged.

What the f*ck! It's really an egg!

Roy had had a bad hunch when he freed himself from the crack a moment ago. He felt despondent, as though he would never love again after realizing that he really emerged from a black egg.

He was actually hatched from an egg...

Hello everyone. Henceforth, please call me Hatched, Roy the Hatched...

After making light of the desperate situation he was in, Roy stretched out both hands. As he thought, what should have been a pair of human hands with calluses was now a pair of baby-sized palms. His skin was not only strangely dark red, but there were also some strange black lines on it. He had sharp nails on them, and even his feet were claw-like.

He touched his face. His eyes, nose, and mouth were still there, but there seemed to be two bulges on his forehead. Is this a pair of horns?

He touched behind and found a black arrow-shaped tail...