chapter 11

Chapter 11: Getting Into Big Trouble

Large and small spiderwebs intertwined messily between trees, turning this area into a small labyrinth.

In this labyrinth, any form of panic would bring him straight into the spiderwebs. Once he was stuck on these extremely adhesive spiderwebs, he would be unable to break free.

At the same time, the struggle would attract the spiders lurking in the dark. They would first spray a dissolving toxin onto their prey and then wait a while for the prey to completely dissolve into a pile of goo before calmly enjoying them.

Roy had observed the process of their predation before. He also knew that there was a cluster of spiders and that they were social creatures. Once a spider appeared, a group of them might be near.

Through observation, Roy found that these spider demons could only be regarded as ordinary monsters. Their intelligence was not high, and their living habits were rather fixed. Other than their numbers, they were not that difficult to deal with for Roy.

He held the Colt Python in his right hand and picked up a long branch from the ground with his left hand. When he came to a spiderweb, he used the branch to poke and shake it, simulating the effect of an entangled prey.

Before long, a spider demon the size of a millstone appeared quietly from a tree. Since it was a monster, its size was naturally not comparable to that of ordinary spiders. Its strange patterns and hair made it look extremely hideous and ugly. It climbed onto tree trunks with its hooked limbs and made rustling sounds. Its huge swollen belly and the numerous black eyes on its forehead made it look creepy even though Roy knew it had poor eyesight.

These spider demons were quite cunning. They would usually judge the size of their prey by the vibrations that traveled through the spiderweb. If the vibration was strong, it meant that the prey was large and not to be messed with. Moreover, there was a possibility of it breaking free from the spiderweb. In such a situation, they would not show up. However, if the vibration was relatively weak, it meant that the prey was not too big and unlikely to struggle free from the spiderweb. Such prey could be slaughtered.

The vibration that Roy made through the branch was naturally incomparable to the vibrations of real entangled prey. So although the spider demon appeared, it was puzzled and did not immediately crawl to the web.

However, Roy only needed it to appear. Once it appeared in his line of sight, Roy raised the Colt in his hand, took aim, and shot!

Boom! The giant body of the spider demon was an easy target. Roy’s shot hit its head directly, punching a big hole in it. The spider demon hissed painfully and fell from the tree.

However, it did not die immediately. Its entire body and limbs were still twitching and trembling. Roy stepped forward and stood in front of the spider demon. He raised his tail and punctured the place where he shot it as fast as lightning. He stirred around and turned the spider demon’s brain into mush.

The limbs of this spider demon contracted, and it died completely. A tiny soul emerged from its body, and Roy grabbed it.

If the soul of the four-eyed demon was as big as a table tennis ball, then the soul of this spider demon was only as big as a soybean. It was even smaller than those of the monsters that Roy had caught.

Roy could not figure out what was going on, but he still put that soul away.

After storing it away, the description of this soul given by the system interface was: low-quality soul fragments (1)!

Not a soul, but a soul fragment? Roy was a little stunned. What does that mean?

No one could give him an explanation. He pushed that thought aside with doubts in his mind and turned to walk toward another spiderweb.