chapter 116: just wait

Chapter 116 Just Wait

About an hour later, Roy completed the soul harvesting and finally left with 19,762 souls.

Although he had left, the huge floating iceberg island formed by more than thirty sailing warships of the Spanish Invincible Armada remained. Even though the floating island would gradually thaw due to the sunlight and the temperature of the seawater, the process would last for a long time, at least for half a month.

Thus, just like that, this black floating iceberg island, which covered an area of dozens of nautical miles, slowly drifted on the sea along with the current.

Before long, a merchant ship discovered the black floating iceberg island.

As the ice was slowly melting, the power of darkness inside also dispersed, causing the iceberg island to be covered in a thin layer of black mist. Black represented inauspiciousness and mysteriousness, so the merchant ship did not dare to approach the floating island. The sailors on the ship could only observe the island carefully through spyglasses.

When they realized that this floating island was actually made up of warships, the sailors were stunned. They recognized these ships from the Invincible Armada and saw the Spanish soldiers that were frozen into ice sculptures. Together with the news that the Invincible Armada had appeared on the Caribbean Sea some time ago, they immediately realized what happened.

Even the Spanish Invincible Armada was annihilated by that demon!

Although it was only a part of the Invincible Armada, people did not care that much. After the merchant ship reached shore, the news spread like the wind throughout the Caribbean.

Currently, only normal trading merchant ships were safe on this sea where the demon roamed. Many people risked their lives to get on merchant ships to take a look at this floating island. There were also some pirates among them. But the owners of the merchant ships firmly rejected the pirates because they were afraid the demon would retaliate against them for carrying pirates.

In fact, many merchants were now very worried that pirates would pretend to be merchant ships to head out to sea, which would cause normal merchant ships to be attacked by the demon on the Caribbean Sea routes in the future. Therefore, the merchants united to put pressure on the pirates so that they could find the murderers as soon as possible and hand them over to the demon.

As more and more people witnessed the black floating island and learned of the true reason for the destruction of the Invincible Armada from various channels, people became more and more fearful. This floating iceberg island was just like an ancient tomb that showcased the achievements of Demon Osiris to the world. The impact on people’s hearts was unimaginable.

Even the Church of Spain, which had mobilized so many priests and members of the Inquisition, could not suppress this demon. How powerful was this demon?! Thus, people prayed, hoping that the Lord would send an archangel to eliminate this demon. They kept telling others about the horrors of Demon Osiris, and they believed that Demon Osiris was a disaster. It was precisely because of the savage and evil pirates that caused this disaster. Some even believed that Demon Osiris was heavenly punishment from the Lord. The Lord believed that the pirates could no longer be redeemed, so he allowed the demons to reap their souls! In short, Roy’s demon name had reached a stage where he could stop children from crying in the Caribbean… Although it sounded a little old-fashioned, it was the truth. The name of Demon Osiris was one of the ways that many mothers used to threaten brats.

It went like this: “You still dare to cause trouble?! If you continue to cause trouble, Demon Osiris will come and take your soul away!”

Whenever Jack Sparrow heard this, he sighed.