chapter 18: descendant of titans

Chapter 118 Descendant of the Titans

The pirates who came together to escort the slaves also disembarked from the ship behind Tia Dalma. They were trembling in fear, but when they looked at the deserted beach, they could not help but ask in disbelief, “Is Demon Osiris really on this island?”

“Of course he’s here. My divination won’t go wrong!” Tia Dalma pointed to the distant mountain and. “Look, isn’t that black ice and snow? Even without me, you would have found this place in the future!”

“Witch, it’s not that we don’t believe you!” a bearded pirate said. “But are you really sure that we can get through this in one piece? Why don’t we leave these guys on the beach and leave now?”

Tia Dalma looked at the pirate and smiled, revealing her black teeth. “Of course, you can leave, but… are you really willing to give up on the gold?”

Upon hearing this, the pirates hesitated.

That’s right. Although many pirates felt that the demon might not necessarily hurt this group escorting the murderers to him, who dared to guarantee such a thing?

No one dared to take this risk, and the timid were all terrified. The reason why these pirates dared to participate in the escort task was not only because they were braver, but also because they were stimulated by the demon gold. Jack Sparrow’s experience had already spread among the pirates. They believed that perhaps since they participated in the escort and offered the murderers to the demon, the demon might give them a chance to play the demon’s game like Jack Sparrow.

In fact, they were not confident in the assurance of the witch Tia Dalma (not many people knew her true identity at this moment), but their greed still surpassed their fear and prompted them to follow…

Humans died for wealth, and birds died for food. This was the mentality of these people.

Therefore, when they heard Tia Dalma mention the word gold, they endured their fear of the demon and tried their best to wait on the beach.

The caught slave traders were already crying their hearts out. They wailed and begged the pirates to let them go. But what they received in return from the nervous pirates who burst with anger was being whipped, and they became covered in blood.

What was funny was that the leather whips in the pirates’ hands were all found on the slave-trading ship. These slave traders often used these whips to whip the pitiful slaves. Perhaps they never dreamed that one day these whips would be whipping them… Listening to the miserable screams of the slave traders, Tia Dalma was expressionless. She knew very well that humans were the cruelest to their own kind! They invented bows and blades in order to hunt other animals, but they invented bullets and firearms in order to kill their own kind… From this point of view, humans were very similar to demons.

“He’s here!” Tia Dalma suddenly said while the pirates were whipping the slave traders.

The pirates quickly restrained themselves. They took out the gags that they had prepared beforehand and stuffed them into the mouths of the slave traders who were still screaming. They were afraid that their cries would make Demon Osiris unhappy.

They raised their heads and looked at the distant mountain peak. Then they found a giant bird-like shadow flying in the sky and coming toward them.

There was a commotion among the pirates, and they began to retreat. As Roy flew closer, they saw Roy’s appearance clearly. Although many of the pirates present had heard about Demon Osiris, this was the first time they saw Roy. When they saw Roy’s slightly curved demon horns and the huge demon wings on his back, their fear reached its peak!