chapter 57:enhanced devil fruit

Roy was also aware of this problem. His demon bloodline was already very complicated. If he continued adding more bloodlines to himself, would it cause conflicts between them?

The T-Virus was all right since its main function was to strengthen his cells. However, if he really wanted to have an immortal body, then he had to modify his bloodline.

Roy felt that he had to figure it out.

It was naturally the fastest to ask the system about such matters. The system’s answer to Roy was that it could indeed cause adverse consequences!

This was because Roy’s attribute was clearly marked as dark on his homepage. It was an attribute common to all demons, meaning that Roy’s bloodline transformation at least should not conflict with it! It also meant that it was impossible for Roy to transform into an angel just by creating an angel potion…

Of course, he could probably do something with the bloodline of a fallen angel. However, that was unnecessary since there was essentially no difference between a fallen angel and a demon.

The system’s answer gave Roy a rude wake-up call. It seemed like it was best to be cautious when it came to bloodline transformations.

In this case, Roy temporarily ruled out the third plan for an immortal body. Although he really wanted an immortal body, he felt that he could probably find other ways to do it. Directly transforming his body through altering his bloodline was something that he should put aside for now.

There were only options one and two left then. The plan of making a Surplice to enhance his defense was feasible. Roy had also thought of the possibility that other demons would covet it since it was obvious from a glance that this armor was a treasure. This was a hidden danger.

However, it was actually very easy to solve. Roy could completely set it as part of himself and hide it within his body. He could ‘transform’ only when he needed to, just like Frieza.

Moreover, such a transformation unique to demon kings was rather exciting to have.

However, it meant that it was necessary to change the material of the Surplice. Since it was to be integrated with his flesh, then it was best to use the same material as his bones. In this way, Roy would also need to strengthen his bones, which felt rather cumbersome.

Also, in the battles to come, would such an eye-catching Surplice not be telling all the enemies to ‘come at me!’?

This Surplice was an aggro skill! Without enough strength, being eye-catching was a route to an early death!

So after much pondering, Roy gave up this plan. However, he temporarily saved this plan as material. When he became stronger later, he might be able to restart this plan.

Therefore, Roy only had one choice left—using the Devil Fruit to strengthen himself.

Hear, hear, Devil Fruits were not made especially for demons…

Roy knew many types of Devil Fruits. The Invisible Fruit and Magma-Magma Fruit were the first two that he thought of, but in fact, Roy had many other choices.

After confirming that he would go with this plan, Roy began to list a few Devil Fruits suitable for him.

Invisible Fruit, Magma-Magma Fruit, Shadow-Shadow Fruit, String-String Fruit, Dark-Dark Fruit were among them before he deliberated on which to choose.

The effect of the Invisible Fruit, as mentioned earlier, was too simple. Even if he could turn invisible on the battlefield, he might still be hit by magic attacks if he was within range, so Roy directly eliminated it. After Roy gave it some serious thought, the second one eliminated was the Magma-Magma Fruit. Although the Magma-Magic Fruit had first-rate power, it would also make him extremely noticeable once he became a ball of flames, possibly leading enemies to think that he was a high-level demon and charge at him.