chapter 70: middle abyss

This demon city built by Xeron detonating a volcano did not seem to have a name.

To the demons, it was only an outpost for attacking Erathia. It was on the border, and with the extension of the frontlines, reinforcements from this city would become slower and slower. In other words, this city, in Xeron’s original plan, was going to be abandoned.

Precisely because of this, when Roy returned to this city, there were no high-rank demons stationed in it, and only a few little demons were left in this city. When he left, Ignatius did not bring these little demons, leaving them as coolies and defense forces. From this, it was apparent that the demons would abandon this place in the future.

Because he was also a demon, Roy entered the demon city smoothly. Some of the little demons here had seen Roy before and knew that he was Xeron’s adjutant. Although they did not know what Roy wanted to do by coming back alone, with the temperament of demons, they would not ask too much.

When Roy found that there were no middle-rank and high-rank demons in the city, he felt more at ease and headed straight for the location of the summoning formation.

During his journey back, Roy found that the repulsive force of the world seemed to have increased a little. It seemed like it was true that the repulsive force would continue to strengthen over time. And in order to resist the repulsive force, the consumption of Roy’s magic energy was also gradually increasing. Maybe in the end, Roy’s magic energy would not be enough to resist this force, and he would be expelled.

The stronger demons might be able to stay in this world for a longer time, but no matter how long, they would still be eventually expelled. Therefore, high-rank demons like Xeron and Ignatius were even willing to sign a demon contract with the people of this world to work for them in order to stay in this world for as long as possible. And this contractor was the King Lucifer Kreegan they had been talking about.

Roy did not know who this person was, and it was impossible for him to see him. However, it was clear that someone who could make high-rank demons swear loyalty to him was not an ordinary person, and he might really be Lucifer’s incarnation.

But because of Roy’s plan, Xeron was killed in advance and expelled back to the Abyss. This would inevitably affect the demon army’s invasion of Erathia.

He approached the summoning formation and carefully compared the design of the magic formation with the one that he had seen Xeron draw before. After confirming that there was no error, Roy began inputting magic power into the summoning formation.

Generally speaking, the design and text of magic formations were fixed and had specific functions. If you had a ready-made magic formation, you only needed to input magic power. To put it another way, such magic formations were like home appliances, and you could use them after turning the power on!

The purpose of the magic formation engraved in the demon city was to open a Gate of the Abyss, connect with an altar in the Abyss, and teleport demons over from the other side. Such teleportations were generally unidirectional. Similarly, if Roy wanted to teleport back, the Gate of the Abyss he opened would also be a unidirectional teleport. As such, there was no need to worry about colliding with other demons that were incoming.

Roy followed the magic power input method Xeron used when he summoned the high-level demons and reversed it, activating the pattern in the middle of the magic formation before gradually extending to the outer circle.

This was the so-called reverse input of magic power. Roy lacked knowledge about magic formations, and he did not know if what he was doing was right, so he was just trying.

Fortunately, he succeeded, and the magic formation began to glow and gradually activate.

Actually, it was not that Roy was fortunate. The magic formation that connected with the Abyss had gradually turned into a fixed form after millions of years. After all, demons sometimes needed to teleport themselves back, so this common magic formation had the functions of summoning and reverse summoning.