chapter 82: the appearance of illusion demon

Roy had tested the fear effect of the Eyes of Nightmare, but he could not test the ability to see through and break illusions.

Just as Roy thought that it would take a long time before he could meet an illusion demon, the memory crystal that Roy had tied around his wrist unexpectedly lit up on the fourth month and twenty-eighth day that he entered the middle Abyss!

Roy did not respond at first, but then he suddenly remembered his mission and immediately felt the direction through the memory crystal. He called out to Fat Tiger. “Let’s go!”

Roy and Fat Tiger flapped their wings and flew into the dark sky, swiftly heading in the direction the memory crystal indicated. The difficulty of this mission was not knowing when César would come back, so he could only idly wait for him. But César finally returned and reappeared in the middle Abyss, and it was finally time for Roy’s execution mission.

The location where César appeared in the Abyss was quite far from Roy. Roy had flown for a long time but did not see the signal from the memory crystal become stronger, so he had to hold Fat Tiger in his arms and use Mach Flight to speed up the pace.

Roy could tell that César had especially avoided the area where Demon Lord Rogeros had set up the refining pool when he returned. It seemed like he knew that he would be hunted down.

But in Roy’s impression, a demon returning from another world by opening a Gate of the Abyss should have teleported back to a random location. Could César have mastered some method to navigate when passing through the Gates of the Abyss?

Roy was unsure about this, but he still deepened his vigilance toward César. Although he would have no issues dealing with the illusion demon’s illusions with the Eyes of Nightmare, the opponent was still an upper-middle-rank demon in the information!

The difference between the lower, middle, and upper levels of low-rank demons was only the difference between newborn, growing, and adult. The lower, middle, and upper levels of middle-rank demons were calculated using the absolute value of magic power. In the past few months in the middle Abyss, Roy had figured this out. If the absolute magic power value of lower-middle-rank demons was between 400 to 600, then the value for middle-middle-rank demons had doubled to be between 800 to 1200. And for upper-middle-rank demons, it had doubled again from middle-middle-rank demons to be between 1600 to 2400.

In other words, in terms of magic power, upper-middle-rank demons had about four times more magic power than lower-middle-rank demons!

And this difference of four times, in terms of number of souls, was a difference of five to six thousand normal souls. Given the speed at which demons hunted souls, upper-middle-rank demons had stayed in the middle Abyss for a very long time.

As time passed, the crude magic power usage of middle-rank demons would become more refined, and the magic they mastered would become more powerful, which was a very huge difference.

If not for the fact that César was an illusion demon, Roy would not have had the confidence to complete the mission. After all, as long as he found a way to break illusions, César’s power was not a big deal. Although César’s magic power far exceeded his, Roy was not someone to be trifled with. His Magic Power Virus had the characteristic of devouring the opponent’s magic power, so it was suitable for dealing with demons like illusion demons.

Moreover, Roy had two skills he could use to escape, Flash and Teleport. This was why he had the confidence to face the upper-middle-rank demon. The gap between Roy and the upper-middle rank was nothing more than the insufficient accumulation of time and magic power. In terms of combat ability, he was not afraid of César.