chapter 67 syllana's ancient

Over the next few days, news of demons attacking their patrols in the mountains spread continuously among the elves.

At first, the elves did not pay much attention to it. After all, their entire territory was now being invaded by demons. Although they had successfully eliminated Xeron and his troops, there were two more high-rank demons like him. One was Ignatius, and the other was Rashka. Now, the elves were placing their attention on these two demons, especially Ignatius’s troops. He had already received news of Xeron’s defeat, so he was intensifying his attacks on the elves. Ignatius’s troops had too many high-level demons. The elves and Ignatius had fought over the past few days, but neither of them had gotten an advantage. The elves were too busy dealing with Ignatius, so they had not taken the attacks on the patrols seriously.

However, they still strengthened their patrols by increasing their size from the original twenty to forty. Any more was impossible. The elves did not have that many troops. These patrols not only investigated intelligence everywhere, but they also attacked the invaders as their mission objective.

But something strange happened. Even after increasing their guard, the patrol teams still failed to return.

Out of more than a dozen units, there would always be at least one or two units that would not return. There was not even any news. After a while, the elves finally became vigilant. They thought that there might be another demon army attempting to break the encirclement and support Ignatius’s and Rashka’s demon armies.

Therefore, the elves had to send a hero to lead a team in an attempt to find this demon army and think of ways to defeat it.

The leader was a druid hero. However, after he led the troops out, he discovered that this demon army had suddenly disappeared without a trace.

In fact, when they found the locations of where the patrols went missing, they discovered that the positions were all over the place. There was no pattern to it, and it was impossible to deduce the enemy’s movements through these places.

Moreover, judging from the battle traces at these places, they seemed to have encountered a sudden attack in an instant. The corpses of the soldiers left at the scenes were also very strange. Their expressions looked terrified, and their bones had been broken inch by inch, almost to the extent of being smashed. Many corpses were deformed beyond recognition.

Even their weapons were the same. Much less the wooden bows and arrows, even the hammers the dwarves used were distorted into appalling states.

He could not imagine what had happened to these patrol soldiers, but he was certain that the enemy was terrifying!

The druid hero asked the forest in hopes of receiving guidance. However, even these trees did not understand the enemy’s situation and could not tell where the enemy was going.

Finally, without any other choice, the elves could only shrink their forces and reduce the frequency of the patrols’ scouting. Even when they needed intelligence, they combined the patrols, increased the number of troops, and added high-level soldiers to them. Some silver pegasus knights and unicorns joined the patrol team as well.

In the sky, Roy looked down and saw an elven patrol on the ground. When he found that there were a lot of high-level soldiers in it, he could not help but sigh, knowing that the way he had attacked these patrols to obtain souls was likely coming to an end.

With Roy’s current strength, Roy was not afraid of silver pegasus knights and unicorns one-on-one. However, Roy would be unable to deal with them if dozens of silver pegasus knights and unicorns surrounded him. Although it was impossible for them to catch Roy with his Flash skill, if he could not completely eliminate these patrol troops, the elves would know about his situation. They would think of the demon that appeared on the battlefield where Xeron was killed and might send dragons to deal with him.