chapter 84: huge benefits

Roy’s claw scratched one of César’s eyes, which also made Roy aware of César’s weakness.

Just as Roy was about to seize the opportunity and follow up to destroy César’s other illusion demon eye, the large mouth on César’s abdomen opened wide and spat out a green mist with a strong smell at Roy.

Roy blocked with the frost shield in his hand but found that the mist did not seem to be formed by magic power. The Magic Power Virus on the shield did not react to it, but rather, the mist was corroding Roy’s shield.

Seeing this, Roy knew he could not let this green mist touch him, so he flapped his wings and flew back.

This thing seemed to be César’s stomach acid. After the mist touched the ground, the corrosion became stronger, and even thick smoke rose from the ground.

Fat Tiger was at his wits’ end. After killing one of César’s physical illusions, he hid beside Roy. Upon smelling the green mist, his three heads were sneezing non-stop because his sense of smell was too sensitive.

After Roy retreated to a safe range, he flapped his demon wings vigorously, trying to blow the mist away. However, after the mist dissipated, he found that what he was left behind was a physical illusion. Roy’s Eyes of Nightmare clearly saw that this illusion was only a mass of magic power, and César’s true body was already running away!

“Damn, you’re an upper-middle-rank demon. Do you need to be so timid?” Roy cursed.

He knew that although César’s eye was injured, his magic power did not decrease that much. When Roy spread the cold aura just now, although some Magic Power Viruses had infected César, with merely that tiny amount, it was impossible to devour all of the magic power of an upper-middle-rank demon.

In fact, since the beginning of their battle until now, César had probably not used up a tenth of his magic power.

But in this situation, César still chose to escape, showing that he truly felt the threat Roy brought him.

While César had been hiding in another world, Roy had no way to deal with him, but in the same way, he had also given Roy time to make certain preparations. If not for the Eyes of Nightmare’s ability to see through and break illusions, Roy would not have been able to handle César.

Before this, some execution demons had tried to kill César but were instead killed by him. Illusions were actually very powerful. Given César’s skills, Roy felt that he might not necessarily lose even against high-rank demons. But at the same time, once targeted, the biggest disadvantage of illusions appeared—the lack of corresponding offensive abilities!

If César could not consume the opponent’s physical strength and magic power in the illusion, then he would not be able to deal the fatal blow. Although his strength was high, Roy’s frost shield could absorb the the impact, preventing him from breaking Roy’s defense. Even the commonly used flame abilities of many demons were restrained by Roy’s frost power, so how could he still fight?

César realized this point in the end and that it was useless to continue entangling with Roy. Even if he had more magic power than Roy, it would not be enough to consume all of Roy’s. Before Roy ran out of magic power, he might cause fatal damage to César.

With the cover of the stomach acid mist, César escaped, leaving behind an illusory body to stall Roy. However, it did not stall Roy for long.

After the magic power that condensed the illusory body dissipated, the illusion disappeared. Roy called out to Fat Tiger, and one demon and one dog flew up into the sky and chased after César.

Flying at the speed of sound, Roy did not take long before catching up to César!

Seeing Roy in the sky behind him, César roared angrily but did not stop. He just threw his ax at Roy in the air, but Roy easily dodged.