chapter 86: overturning an army alone

Demons hated strong light. This was due to their evolution in the Abyss’s dark environment. Contrary to legends, demons would not turn into ashes under the sun. This was a misunderstanding between humans and demons because demons hated strong light and did not like to move around under the sun.

Roy was no exception. He was already used to the darkness, but these German soldiers suddenly illuminated him with searchlights. How could he feel comfortable?

Roy could not help but roar angrily at them as he blocked the light.

However, the soldiers were extremely terrified after seeing a legendary demon under the searchlights, and their nerves were already stretched taut. And with Roy’s roar, their nerves finally snapped!

Bang! Roy did not know which soldier fired their gun first, but a bullet from a Mauser Karabiner 98k shot at Roy in the air. But the bullet was miles away because of the gun owner’s shaking hand.

This bullet did not hit Roy, but it became a signal. The next moment, all the soldiers below picked up their weapons and opened fire on Roy.

If they were unarmed, they might have turned around and escaped after seeing a demon. But they were a group of fully armed soldiers, and they had the strange thought of ‘eliminating evil’!

There were over two hundred of them. Their equipment, in addition to rifles, included MG 42 machine guns, grenades, and anti-tank rockets. If you counted the tank cannons, it could be said that this unit had fierce firepower. The moment the attack started, hundreds of bullets shot into the air. Although most of them missed, Roy still felt the impact of dozens of bullets landing.

However, these bullets did not cause him any damage at all. At most, it made Roy feel a little itch.

Humans that developed technology had always had blind faith in the power of their firearms. But little did they know that for powerful creatures like demons, even low-rank demons when they successfully reached maturity, their skin could already withstand attacks from ordinary firearms.

Roy suffered quite a number of bullet hits. Although he was not injured, he sighed inwardly. Given his appearance as a demon, he would be attacked regardless of the rights and wrongs when he encountered people. It had already become a custom.

At this moment, a rocket fired at him from below. Roy subconsciously raised his arms to protect his eyes, and the rocket hit him in the next moment.

Boom! A ball of flames exploded in midair, and then a burst of smoke filled the air. The soldiers below started cheering when they saw this. In their view, even a demon would definitely die after being hit by this rocket!

However, after the smoke cleared, Roy’s figure slowly reappeared, causing the cheering soldiers to stop abruptly like ducks being strangled.

“A rocket hurts a little!” Roy bared his fangs as he looked at his smoking arms. He could feel his entire arms burning hot, like the feeling of being scorched by magma.

“Quick… Quick! Reload!” The Germans soldiers regained their senses. They hurriedly reloaded their rocket launchers and prepared to open fire again. But how could Roy wait for them to reload? After checking the disparity in combat strength between demons and humans, Roy decided not to take another hit passively. He flapped his wings and fell from the sky.

“I-it’s coming! Fire! Fire!”

The soldiers screamed in horror as they pointed their guns at Roy. They held the triggers without loosening their grip.

Dadadada! The sound of continuous gunfire rang out. They emptied the bullets in their guns, but it was to no avail. Roy charged into the crowd!

With a wave of his arm, a soldier was flung into the air and screamed at the top of his lungs. His ribs had barely touched Roy’s arm before being crushed.