chapter 100: Cassandra's battle

A pirate ship was sailing across the vast sea.

Although the weather after a storm was the clearest, and the sea was calm and sparkling, the pirates on the ship had no time to enjoy this beautiful scenery. They were repairing the ship under the berating of their captain.

There was nothing they could do about it. Their ship looked tattered at this moment. Stormy weather was extremely damaging to wooden ships, and the pirates were already lucky enough to survive the storm. If the ship were fine, then it would not be a pirate ship but a ship of the sea god.

During the battle against the storm last night, the pirates had expended a lot of energy, and they were exhausted. But before they could rest for long, their captain urged them to repair their ship, so they were naturally unwilling. While they were hammering, they all saw the nails as their stingy captain while they gritted their teeth and cursed.

The sunlight at sea was especially strong. Even in the morning, the pirates quickly became drenched in sweat, and strong odors were constantly emanating from their bodies. Most of these pirates sailing on the sea had not bathed for years. Not only did they not bathe, but they also rarely shaved their beards and trimmed their nails. As long as you looked at a man with a dirty beard on his face and long nails full of black grime underneath, there was no need to think too much to confirm that he was undoubtedly a sailor.

While repairing the ship and scrubbing the deck, the pirates chatted. Although these conversations could easily turn into a brawl in the blink of an eye, no one would stop them. They would only cheer loudly and think of ways to join in, because to the pirates, this was a kind of liveliness to their boring life at sea.

In this kind of boring life, many pirates tended to accumulate a large amount of energy that they had nowhere to vent. So whenever they had a battle, they would become exceptionally savage because only by robbing and killing could they release their energy.

On the mast, this pirate ship’s black pirate flag fluttered in the wind. This pirate crew did not have a famous name. It was only because their thirteenth captain was called Reid that the pirate crew was called the Reid Pirates. If the captain changed, the pirate crew’s name would also change accordingly.

On a real pirate ship, the frequency of the captain changing was quite fast. Because for pirates who did not know what loyalty and honor were, maybe one day after drinking a few mugs of rum, they might revolt and change the captain…

On the crow’s nest, a pirate was holding a spyglass and observing the situation on the surface of the sea. Being a pirate was also not stable, as they could be facing danger at any moment. Their opponents might be the Royal Navy or other pirates. Even in situations with a good field of vision, they could not let their guard down.

Slowly turning the spyglass in another direction, the lookout’s vision flashed past the front of the pirate ship. However, something seemed to catch his attention, so he quickly turned back and looked straight ahead.

There was nothing in this direction just now, but why did a black dot suddenly appear

The lookout extended the spyglass in his hand as much as possible, trying to see what it was. Unfortunately, the spyglass’s clarity was not good enough.

However, as the ship continued onward, the lookout finally recognized what the black dot was.

It was… a figure!

The lookout could not help but shiver because he found that the figure was standing on the surface of the sea!

In the sea, there were too many bizarre things. The more curious a person was, the earlier they died. Thus, even though the lookout did not see clearly what the figure looked like and how they could stand on the surface of the sea, he still shouted at the pirates below, “Turn! Turn! Turn! No more forward!”