chapter 47: double-edge trap and loophole

After the three high-rank demons finished their discussion, Xeron and Rashka walked out of the hall and immediately rounded up their army to prepare to set off.

A large number of low-level demons flooded out from their nests and gathered. Xeron and Rashka led them out of the demon city. After they left, the army quickly split into two units. One was the force that Rashka brought, while the other was the one that Xeron summoned.

Rashka’s troops were the combination of Ignatius’s troops and his own, so it was comparable to Xeron’s in terms of number and strength. These two troops traveled separately though their mission was basically the same—eliminating the remaining reconnaissance teams of the AvLee elves and destroying any human and elven villages in sight to try to cut the supplies of the AvLee elves.

Moreover, there was an added advantage by dividing into two—splitting the attention of the AvLee elves’ main force. After all, the troops led by Xeron and Rashka consisted mainly of low-level demons. And despite the large numbers they had, their military strength was not high. In contrast, the AvLee elves had the help of the gold dragons and were definitely stronger.

The two would merge during the final battle and wait for Ignatius to come with the high-level demon army from the demon city.

Roy naturally followed Xeron’s troops.

The majority of this troop was little demons, with more than five hundred of them. As cannon fodder, these little demons were naturally at the forefront of the army. At a glance, the troops had all kinds of little demons clustered together.

The second-largest group was a type of low-rank demon known as gogs. These demons were very interesting. Although they were different individually, most of them resembled monkeys, and they got their name from the ‘gog gog’ sound they made. They were a rarity among the low-rank demons and could use flames to attack remotely. These flames were not magical, but from a special organ in their body that could secrete a flammable liquid as saliva. When a gog spat the saliva on their palm and threw it, it interacted with the air to become a ball of explosive flames.

Having such an attack method determined that they were highly regarded in the army. This ball of explosive flames was like a grenade and a nightmare to a large number of low-level enemies. However, the obvious shortcoming was that it could also hurt friendly forces by mistake.

The third type of demons was the hellhounds, with only around 150 of them. However, these hellhounds were very different from Fat Tiger. Ordinary hellhounds could not breathe out the elements like Fat Tiger. Their attack method was simple, and that was to rely on their strong fangs to bite others! These hellhounds were bulky and had solid fur and muscles. Regardless of whether it was their charging power or their biting force, they were among the best.

Fat Tiger was naturally an outlier among the hellhounds. Fat Tiger not only knew how to breathe out the elements, but he also had demon wings and could fly short distances. Roy was once worried that Xeron could tell that Fat Tiger was different, but unexpectedly, Xeron did not care that much. He just had Fat Tiger become the leader of the hellhounds, leading them into action.

To Xeron, no matter how different Fat Tiger was, he was just another hellhound. For millions of years in the Abyss, demons such as hellhounds had only managed to reach the top of the middle rank at the highest, and this much was not worthy of Xeron’s attention.

Fat Tiger became the boss of the hellhounds, and Roy was Xeron’s adjutant. Low-rank demons usually did not have much intellect, and even marching was a total mess, only knowing how to follow along. Therefore, one of Roy’s tasks was to assist Xeron train these low-rank demons during the march, at least so that they could maintain formation.