chapter 43:high rank demon

Roy felt pain the moment the whip lashed onto him, showing the demon’s great strength.

The pain made Roy angry. He could feel that the demon in front of him was not simple, but he had to show the temper befitting that of a demon right now.

Therefore, Roy roared, dropped Fat Tiger from his arms, and rushed at the demon. Once Fat Tiger landed on the ground, he barked and followed Roy to attack.

That demon was already standing not far away at the edge of the magic formation. Roy’s charge brought him almost instantly to the other party. He stretched out his claws, grabbed the demon’s neck, and tried to press him down.

However, what he did not expect was for the demon to not dodge and instead hit the corner of Roy’s mouth backhanded. The tremendous force was difficult for Roy to withstand, and he flew straight out. When Fat Tiger rushed out to bite the demon’s leg, he was also sent flying with a kick, causing Fat Tiger to whimper while in the air.

“Puh!” Roy stood up from the ground and spat out purplish-red blood. This demon’s punch nearly made all his teeth fall out. Roy knew that he had encountered someone powerful this time.

Is this demon a middle-rank demon? Or the more powerful high-rank demon?

Roy could not be sure, but he could feel the aura from his opponent suppressing him. Under the influence of this aura, Roy felt that nothing in his body was functioning well, and he could not fully exert his strength! This was definitely the suppression that only a demon with a higher rank than him could possess.

After standing up, Roy helped Fat Tiger up. His three heads shrunk at Roy’s feet, seeming to air his grievance to his master.

“Eh?” Seeing this scene, the demon was a little surprised and could not help saying, “I thought you were teleported while battling this hellhound… Seems like that isn’t the case!”

Roy did not answer. He opened his demon wings, flew up, and dived at the demon with the help of gravity.

It was not like he was irrational, rushing to fight against a more powerful opponent. He knew that a demon summoner was definitely not anything good. This time, Roy did not choose well in responding to the summon. He did not want to sign a contract with a demon, so he had to resist and not give the demon time to express his wishes.

There would be no demon contract if the other party could not express his wishes. He could then return to the Abyss with the repulsive force of this world.

And Roy’s current advantage was that he came through the Gate of the Abyss, so the Ouroborus Mark protected his soul from destruction. Even if he were to die fighting the other party, he would wake up in the Abyss.

Demon wings? Does he have the bloodline of a high-rank demon? The demon was a little doubtful after seeing Roy’s wings. He actually saw them when Roy first appeared in the magic formation. But in their collapsed form, he did not see them clearly and thought that Roy was just an ordinary winged demon, only seeing them clearly now that Roy spread them.

Not all high-rank demons had demon wings, but those with demon wings definitely had the bloodline of a high-rank demon. It was a rule of the Abyss. When this demon saw that Roy dared to resist, he wanted to kill him, but he dismissed that idea after seeing Roy’s demon wings.

He sneered and raised the whip in his hand, preparing to bring Roy down from the air.

However, Roy used Bloodlust on himself at that moment. His body glowed with red light, and his strength and speed suddenly increased. Before the whip could reach him, Roy knocked down this demon!