Void

Mumbai In the Studio

RK is staring at the hand held mirror, a slight smirk on his face. He runs his hand through and admires his reflection. Superstar RK is looking quite hot and sexy. Not at all like Biwi's cutiepie and sweetiepie.

What the hell? Why am I thinking about HER? Damn!

RK throws the mirror on the floor in anger and frustration.

RK (yells): Bittuji!!!

Bittuji comes running over to his Chief. Ever since his bhabiji left, his Chief has been in a foul mood.

Bittuji: Yes...Chief. You called?

RK: Bittuji...What the hell is taking so long for the shot?

Bittuji: I'll go and find out Chief.

RK: Jaiye!

Bittuji runs away to make inquiries, he doesn't want to incur anymore of his Chief's wrath.

RK (yells): Makeup!

The makeup artist approaches RK with shaking legs.

MA (shaky voice): Ye..sss...sir?

RK: Don't just stand there! I need touch up.

The poor girl manages to retouch her makeup, an accomplishment given her hands are shaking badly. As soon as she is done, RK signals her away. She runs!

Bittuji comes back with a young lady in tow.

Bittuji: Chief...the shot will be ready soon. (Pointing to the young lady) Meet Deepika. She's the heroine for the film.

RK looks up and sees a young woman with luxurious long hair, heart shaped face, deep set brown eyes and a bright smile. She reminds him of Madhu. Irritated again with his thoughts, he ignores Deepika.

RK (barks): Chaliye! It's time for lights, camera and action! RK doesn't wait on anyone.

Once the shot is ready, RK and Deepika get in their places and action!

Deepika (acting): Rahul...I've had enough! Enough! This marriage is suffocating me...I can't take it anymore. I just can't breathe! Mein tumke chorkar ja rahi hoon. Hamesha ka liye. (I am leaving you. Forever.)

RK in a rage grabs Deepika's shoulders and starts shaking her.

RK: Madhu...who the hell do you think you are? You want to leave me? Du paisa ka, chawl mein rehne wali ladki Superstar RK ko chorna chati hain? No Biwi...No...only RK can decide the End. You can leave only when I WANT YOU TOO!

Deepika (terrified): Ssiirrr...character ka naaaammm hain...Ananya. Mmm...you're calling me...Madhu.

RK realizing his thoughts and in anger pushes Deepika away from him. He yells, 'shot khatam' and walks off the set and goes to his trailer. Bittuji follows in his Chief's footsteps.

RK (yells): Bittuji!!

Bittuji: Yes...Chief?

RK: Find a replacement for that girl!

Bittuji: But Chief...

RK: No question Bittuji! Just do as I say...jaiye!

Bittuji knows better than to argue with his Chief. If Chief wants something done, it better get done. He has no wish to have his head chopped off. So he quickly leaves the trailer to follow RK's order.

RK picks up a bottle of scotch and pours himself a glass. He sips and broods.

Madhu...why do I keep thinking about you? Itni saal ho gaya...why the hell can't I forget you? Dammit! You're so far from me now...but so damn close to my heart.

RK slams the glass down on the counter. Feeling morose, he sits down and covers his face with his hands. The world may not know, but life without Madhu has been drab.

In Delhi - AR Office

Anav has morphed back to ASR and he is in full temper. He loathes when things are not done according to his wishes. Slamming his laptop shut, he shouts for Aman.

Arnav: Aman!

Aman comes running in to his boss's office. He has no wish to be chewed up for any slight, imaginary or other.

Aman: Yes ASR.

Arnav (yells): Where the hell is the file for Kumar Co?

Aman (trying to keep his nervers under control): Sir...it's (picking up the file from Arnav's desk)...right...right...(gulps) here.

Arnav snatches the file out of Aman's hands and glares back at him.

Arnav (barks): Leave!

Aman runs out, he has no wish to have his head served in a silver platter.

Arnav takes the file and gets back to work. However, a certain conversation downstairs catches his attention. He walks over to the window to hear the rest.

Employee 1: Jay...I just heard! You're wife's expecting...Congratulations!

Employee 2: Thanks man! We are very excited. I hope we have a little guriya.

Arnav listens to their conversation and closes his eyes in pain. If he had remarried Khushi, they could have had a child or two by now. He imagines Khushi pregnant with his baby; plump, radiant and gorgeous. They could have had a little princess; sweet, beautiful and a bit naughty like her mother. But that is never to be...

Dammit! Why am I thinking about you Khushi? Why did all this happen? Why is every single happiness in my life snatched away? Why dammit?

As Arnav stands at the window, with bleak thoughts running through his mind, a pair of feminine arms wrap around him from the back.