Long Lost Besties

RK (sputters):  Maa...you knew Arnav's father?

Arnav (continues):  Aunty how did you know him?

Radhaji (caresses Arnav's cheeks lovingly):  We met a long time ago at a family friend's wedding.  I think both of you were about the same age, about 3 years old.  (Smiles at both) You two got into mischief together and became inseparable.  When the wedding was over and it was time for us all to leave, you two created so much ruckus, that we had to promise to meet each other again.  (To RK) After that Rishu, your papa and I became good friends with Arnav's parents.

Arnav (to RK):  I can't believe it!  (Hugs RK) I can't believe I didn't recognize my best friend.

RK (hugging back):  Dude!  I don't know how I didn't make the connection.

Arnav (pulling out of the hug):  Aunty but what happened?  One moment we were all good friends and then it was all over.

RK:  Yeah maa. What happened?  I still remember the day papa told me that I can no longer be friends with Arnav.

Arnav:  Aunty was my dadi behind this rift?

Radhaji (frowns):  I don't know Arnav beta.  I know that your papa and Rishu's papa had a huge argument.  About what, I don't know.  Rishu I asked your papa so many times, but he was always tight-lipped about the argument.  He just simply insisted that we no longer maintain friendship with the Maliks.  (To Arnav)  I am so sorry about your parents passing.  I found out months after the incident when I tried to contact Nandini.  You see beta...that was right around the time Rishu's papa (stops and stares at RK who stiffened at the hint of his father's suicide)...mmm...I tried to contact you and Anjali but found out your chacha kicked you out.  I hired a PI to search for you but he didn't have any leads. 

Arnav:  Aunty...our nani took us in after we were kicked out.  Di and I changed our surname to Raizada.  (Clenches his fists) We didn't want anything to do with the Maliks.  Nani, mama and mami raised us.  (Sad) But still I missed momma.

Radhaji:  And your papa?

Arnav (grits his teeth in anger):  He's responsible for their deaths.  After what he did, (takes a deep breath to calm down) momma couldn't take it and ended her life.  (Smiles bitterly) Of course he probably didn't want to deal with the mess so he went ahead and killed himself.  Neither thought about us, their children.  How would we feel?  What would happen to us?  Still it was not momma's fault.  That man...pushed her into it and then he took the coward's way out of dealing with his responsibilities.

Radhaji (hands on her mouth in shock):  But beta...what did your papa do to force Nandini to make such a drastic decision?

RK (looking at Arnav):  Maa...drop the subject. 

Arnav:  Aunty he betrayed momma. 

Radhaji wants to question Arnav more but is distracted by a little sprite of a girl running through the front door.  She stares at the beautiful little creature and can't help but think she looks a bit familiar.

Tara (runs to RK):  Good morning Superstar!  Did you miss me?

Madhu and Khushi sprints in through the door.  Both panting after their mad dash to keep up with Tara. 

Khushi:  Tara!  How many times have I told you before, you don't run ahead by yourself! 

Madhu:  Babyta...you know the rules.

Tara (pouts):  Mama...mima...you two were slow.  I wanted to see my Superstar and daddy.  I missed them.  I didn't do anything wrong. 

RK (bends down and kisses Tara's cheeks):  Of course puppet you didn't do anything wrong.  (Winking) Your Superstar missed you too.

Arnav (pouts and holds out his arms to Tara):  What about me baby?  Don't I deserve a hug?

Tara jumps into Arnav's awaiting arms and slobbers wet kisses on his cheeks. 

Tara:  I love you daddy.  I missed you.

Arnav (hugs her tight):  I love you and missed you too baby girl.

RK (raises his brows in inquiry to Madhu and Khushi):  So how come you're here?

Madhu (raises her brows in return):  Pardon us Your Majesty for not taking Your Royal Permisson before entering your Palace.

RK (smirks):  Jungli Billi.  Aahaan.  I like it.

Arnav:  Khushi...what are you doing here?

Khushi (rolls her eyes and speaks to Madhu):  Seems I am also supposed to check in with Laad Governor before I do anything.  (Holds up her hand as if in a prayer) Laad Governor do I have your permission to breathe?

Arnav (rolls his eyes):  Unbelievable. 

RK:  Biwi...it seems I need to have a chat with your body guards.  They are supposed to keep me informed about your moves, whereabouts, etc.

Arnav (glares at Khushi):  Same here.  I am also going to talk to those buffoons who are supposed to keep me informed about your movements. 

Khushi and Madhu grins unabashedly at their spouses.

Khushi:  Arnav...Arnav...Arnav...you spoke to Tara this morning.  Remember?  You told her that you're coming over here.  Naturally MY baby girl came and told me and insisted we come and see you both. 

Tara (pipes in):  Yes daddy...I told mama and mima.  You and Superstar are not allowed to meet and have fun alone ok?  Not without me. 

Arnav (placates Tara):  We wouldn't dare to have fun without you Princess.

Madhu (continues):  Since we decided to come here, we convinced the guards why bother you with such minor details.  (Grins) After all, we weren't going anywhere but directly to their Chief.

Arnav:  What the!  I gave those idiots clear orders!

RK:  Our mistake.  We should have provided them with a dictionary so they knew what ORDER meant.  No problem...I will drill it inside their heads.

Khushi (rolls her eyes):  Anyway...we couldn't let just drill Radhaji with questions and exclude us from the investigation, no siree!

Madhu (looking around):  RK...where's Maa?

RK (confused):  She was just here.

Arnav (notices Radhaji on the floor):  What the...!  RK...(running to Radhaji) She fainted.

RK runs to Radhaji and bends down.  He picks her head up and gently places it on his lap. 

RK (tapping her cheeks):  Maa...maa..!  Wake up!  Wake up right this instance.  This is NOT funny!  Only RK is allowed to play pranks.

Madhu runs into the kitchen to get her a glass of juice.  RK calls the doctor, while Khushi hugs Tara and calms her down, as she got scared looking at Radhaji's pale, limp form.  Madhu runs back with a cup of juice and takes Radhaji's head and slowly feeds her the juice.  She slowly comes into consciousness and opens up her eyes.

RK (fumes):  Maa...how many times have I told you to take care of your health?!?

Madhu:  Maa you're too busy taking care of everyone else.  When are you going to take care of your health?

Arnav:  Aunty you had us all worried.

Khushi (peering over others shoulders):  Aunty thank goodness you're ok now. 

Radhaji (tears in her eyes, looks at Khushi):  My pyaari bacchi...my eyes can't believe it...you're alive!