What doesn't Kill, Makes Us Stronger

In Mumbai - RK Mansion

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Madhu saunters in RK mansion, her high heeled, thigh high Chanel boots rhythmically clicking on the stone cold marble floor. She is the height of fashion in her military inspired, navy blue Chanel jacket, mini gold tweed skirt and metallic gold Chanel bag in one hand and a black, leather briefcase in another. With light make up on and minimal jewelry, she is ready to do battle with the Superstar!

What doesn't kill you makes you a fighter.

Madhu walks past the guards to gain entry to the house. But alas, the guards stop her. They are relatively new, so they don't know Madhu.

Footsteps even lighter.

Guard 1: Ma'am. You can't just go in.

Madhu (sizes him up and slightly raises her brow): Ohh...don't worry. Your Chief will want to see me.

Guard 2: Ma'am. We need to inform Chief who you are.

Stand a little taller.

Madhu: Tell your Chief that his Former Mistress is here to settle account.

The guards just look at each confused. Instinctively they knew that the lady is someone important and they didn't want to mess with her. Neither did they want to delve in their Chief's personal business.

Guard 1: Ma'am. We didn't see you.

They step aside to let Madhu in.

Guard 2: Ma'am. We didn't let you in either.

Madhu smiles at the duo. Gaining entrance was a piece of cake. She found out before hand that RK is home. Confidently she walks up the stairs to their, ooopps! Correction. To his room. Without knocking she enters the lion den. Battle starts now!

You think you've got the best of me.

Madhu: Hello RK.

RK who was practicing his lines, turns around to see Madhu. His heart and soul is once again whole.

RK (in shock): Bi...Madhu?

Think you've had enough the last laugh.

Madhu: Don't you mean...Madhu-bala...Aaahaan?

RK (recovering his equilibrium): Aahaan...I see the Sherni is back.

Think you'd left me broken down.

Madhu: I've come to set us both free. I am surprised you didn't take these steps yourself. (Opens up the black briefcase showing the money) Remember our contract? I pay you back 40 lacs and then I'll be free of you. Well...here I am with the 40 lacs. And...

RK: Aahaan...good of you to remind me but you're already free.

Think that I'd come running back.

Madhu: Ohh but (voice dripping with acid) sweetheart I want to be completely, utterly and undeniably free of you. Can't have that contract held over my head. Ohh no...no...no...I am paying you back Mr. Rishab Kundra. With interest. (Leaves the brief case on the table).

RK: My interest was never in the money. 40 lacs is chump change for Superstar...RK.

Baby, you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong.

Madhu: Ohhh...but RK...I must insist on returning the Bride Price. I mean...after all you did buy me for 40 lacs. You've returned me 5 years ago, but didn't get your money back. That doesn't seem fair. I insist...that you take the money and free us both.

RK: I am surprised to see you so blasé about it. Where did that... RK please don't leave me, girl go?

Thanks to you I got a new thing started.

Madhu: I grew up. You should try it too.

RK (checks Madhu out from head to toe): Yes...I see... Nice...outfit.

Thanks to you I am not the broken-hearted.

Madhu: You mean...for a chawl girl? I am sure you're wondering how can a GIRL like me get so much money and is wearing designer clothes? (Musing) Hmmm...turning myself into a mistress for another rich a**hole... must be running through your mind. After all...I was once a mistress...so why not again, right?

RK (shouts in anger): What the hell?!? You were not my mistress?!? You were...ARE still my wife? And I DID NOT think that you whored yourself out for money!

Thanks to you I am finally thinking about me.

Madhu: Oh my...touchy...touchy...! Not that it's any of you business, I am a lawyer. And a damn good one too. Hmm...that reminds me (takes out divorce papers from her purse) you need to sign the divorce papers. Then you'll be free.

RK looks at the divorce paper, his heart squeezes in pain. He doesn't want to sign those damn papers! He takes the divorce decree from Madhu's hands and throws it on the bed. Then he pulls her into his arms. Madhu squirms to be free, but his hold on her is too strong.

RK (shakes her a bit and replies back in anger): I am NOT signing those papers.

You know in the end the day you left is just my beginning.

Madhu: Aahaan. You must be thinking that I am asking you to sign the divorce papers and as a settlement sign over half of your wealth. Don't worry...I don't want a DAMN THING from you. But you can let your lawyer look it over and then sign it. Then our marriage...excuse me...I mean our adhuri, chaar phere waali, fake marriage will be over. Poof!

RK (shakes her again and yells): I am NOT signing those damn papers!!!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Stand a little taller.

Madhu: Come on Mr. Rishab Kundra...you've already exacted your revenge. Now YOU have no need for me and this marriage. And you did make things clear that you are NOT interested in my physically. So what's the problem? Just sign it!

RK pulls her closer, brings his mouth on top of hers and lightly brushes Madhu's lips. She freezes up at his action.

RK (whispers): So...you're telling me...my kisses no longer affect you?

Madhu (shaky voice): N...o...No...No...it doesn't... and...why...do you care?

RK brushes his lips over Madhu's over and over again in soft butterfly kisses. Madhu moans and pulls RK's head down to deepen the kiss. She opens her mouth and gives entry to his tongue. They can't get enough of each other. They are devouring each other as if to make up for the years they've missed. RK's hands goes to her jacket to take it off. Out of nowhere, Madhu remembers his venomous words at the mandap. It was all fake. It was all for revenge. Angry at herself and at RK, she breaks off the kiss and pushes RK away.

You didn't think I'd come back.

Madhu (in an angry whisper): How dare you?!?

RK (shrugs his shoulder): Whether you like it or not...you still love me and you still want me. Don't deny it baby.

I'd come back swinging.

You tried to break me, but you see

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Fueled by red hot anger at his unfeeling words, she raises her hand and smacks RK right across his right cheeks.

Madhu (furiously): Go ahead! Take your revenge for that slap!

CC: Kelly Clarkson's - What Doesn't Ki You Makes You Stronger