The She Devil Underneath the Mask of an Angel

The Oberoi Hotel—Ziya: Next Day

The shernis are still smarting over their encounters with their respective shers from last night. Madhu and Khushi arrived at the Oberoi Hotel to meet a potential client that they have been wooing to switch over their firm. They set up a lunch meeting at one of their favorite restaurants, Ziya. Standing right at the entrance of the restaurant, they turn around and glare at the four Brutes in Suits. Yes, that's right, four. Arnav has decided to take a page out of RK's book, and hired bodyguards for Khushi.

They have no enmity against these four men. But it is a great annoyance that they are constantly followed, to the point of not retaining any privacy. They are not children who need to be watched at all times! No indeed. The shernis are grown women. Perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, if only their estranged husbands would understand!

The Brutes in Suits, ok...they are going to be kinder, the Men in Black, surround the ladies as they enter the restaurant. Out of the corner of her eyes, Khushi notices a lady kissing a gentleman. Looking at the lady's side profile, she looks quite familiar. Khushi looks harder and her eyes widen in shock, she grabs her iPhone and takes a picture of the couple. As the lady and the gent pulls away from each other, she gets a clear view of her face, confirming her suspicions.

Hai Devi Maiyya! I can't believe...that's...that's Di! Here in Mumbai...in this very same restaurant...and...and...OMG...kissing...kissing a man who's not her snake of a husband! I can't believe this...Di is actually with another man. I thought I was hallucinating that night, now I know, it was Di! Hmmm...Does Arnav know she's here in Mumbai? I have to talk to Di and find out.

Khushi stops in her tracks and signals Madhu to go on and she'll join in a few minutes. She notices the couple leave the restaurant and part ways. Khushi gives her guards quick instructions to keep their distances and follows Anjali.

Khushi (catching up to Anjali): Di...?

Anjali freezes and slowly turns around to face Khushi. Her eyes wide and mouth open in shock.

Oh God! How could she be so stupid and careless?!? Damn! I hope she didn't see Rohan.

Anjali (closes her mouth and schools her expression): Khushi...ji. What are you doing here?

Khushi (speculative expression): I live in Mumbai and have a lunch meeting in Ziya. What are you doing here Di?

Anjali (quickly thinking of a plausible reason): Ohh...mmm...I just wanted to visit with some friends.

Khushi: That's good Di. Arnav knows you're here?

Anjali (annoyed at that question): Of course Chote knows! What is it to you whether he knows or not? You have no relationship with him, remember?

Khushi (replied calmly): You're right Mrs. Jha. I have no relationship with Arnav and the Raizada family. Except that I am your brother, Akash's, sister-in-law. So I have no right to ask intrusive questions. But out of curiosity, I've met Arnav a few times already. And none of those times, he mentioned that you're in Mumbai. Are you staying in the same hotel as he Mrs. Jha?

Anjali's eyes widen at this new piece of information.

Chote is in Mumbai? Damn...damn...damn! Ohh God...I hope this witch doesn't tell him that she saw me here! What the hell would I tell him then? Anjali...Anjali...better think of a good explanation now... I am sure Khushi will rat on you to Chote.

Anjali (controls her expression and replies back): Of course...Chote and I are staying in the same hotel. He would never let his Di alone.

Khushi: Of course. So are you staying at the Oberoi?

Anjali: Yes...in the Kohinoor Suite. Why do you ask?

Khushi: Just simply asking. Hmmm...I wonder though what Arnav was doing in the Taj Hotel last night. Could have sworn that's where he's staying.

Ohh...****! Damn this Khushi...what the hell is she up to?

Anjali (quickly recovering): Ahh...yes...we were staying at the Taj. But decided Oberoi suited our needs better. So we changed hotels today. I don't know why I am giving you an explanation.

Khushi: Of course Mrs. Jha. You most definitely do not owe me an explanation. But I am sure you owe your Chote an explanation. Hmm...? So who was your friend Mrs. Jha?

Damn...damn...damn! She saw Rohan!

Anjali (raises her chin in defense): He's a dear friend. We've known each other forever.

Khushi (nods): Of course...that was a lovely sendoff present you gave to your FRIEND.

Uggh! She saw us kiss too! No...no...can't be...Play it off Anjali! The **** has no proof!

Anjali (glaring): Khushi I don't owe you any kind of explanation. I don't know what your insinuating, but I don't appreciate it! But for your kind information, he is just a friend. (Snickering) I am not like you...clamoring after married men, trying to lure them into bed with your feminine wiles. I am not a **** like you. I am a moral, law-abiding MARRIED woman, every inch of a lady.

Khushi (holding up her phone and showing the picture): Mrs. Jha...my suggestion to you is to think twice before speaking. (Looking at the picture) Frankly, I don't care who you are with...but like it or not, your decisions affect your brother. You say I clamor after married men? Tsk...tsk...(raises her eyebrows) that's quite hypocritical of you Mrs. Jha. I know of your friend Rohan Malhotra. He's the owner of Malhotra Industries and apparently not so blissfully married.