Reunion

In Delhi - Gupta House

On the surface, residents of the Gupta household are still the same. But in their

hearts, they are missing their Sanka Devi. Though she has no reason to be guilty,

Garimaji has been guilt-ridden for the last 5 years. She hates to think that she is

the reason her Khushi's marriage fell apart. Her heart breaks into millions of

pieces, every time she thinks about Khushi's tear-stricken face. Why did her

baccha run away? Does she condemn her? Blame her for a crime she never

committed?

Sashiji misses his little girl. He misses her love and care. As a father, he feels he

has let his daughter down. He could do nothing to protect her from heartbreak

and pain. Buaji misses her Titaliya and her pagalpan. Who else would fight with

her and make fun of her? No other can take her beloved Sanka Devi's place. Not

even Nand Kishore. Their happiness left, the day their Khushi left. Now they just

exist day to day, hoping, one day, their little girl would return.

*Door bell rings*

Buaji : Arre...kon hain Nand Kishore? (Who is it Nand Kishore?)

She opens the door and gets the biggest and happiest surprise of her life.

Buaji (shock): Sanka Devi...? Is that really you?

Khushi (tears in her eyes): Buaji...!

She pulls Buaji into a tight hug. Both now crying, having a hard time talking. After

a few minutes, they pull apart. Buaji then notices the little girl next to Khushi.

She looks just like...her Titaliya! Buaji raises her eyes and meets Khushi to get

confirmation. At Khushi's slight nod, Buaji sheds some more tears. Her pagli

childish Khushi is now a mom.

Buaji (bends down to hug Tara): Hai re Nand Kishore!

Tara (to Buaji): Who's Nand Kishore? I am not Nand Kishore. I am Tara. Who are you?

Buaji: Hai re Nand Kishore...!

Tara (frustrated): Again?!? I am Tara. T-A-R-A. Tara.

Khushi (intervening): Tara... that's not how you speak to your elders. (Pointing at Buaji) She is my Buaji... so she is your Bua Nani.

Tara: Bua Nani...mama?

Khushi: Yes baby.

Buaji: Titaliya...she's just like you!

Khushi (looks around the house): Buaji...where's Amma and Babuji?

Buaji: They went to the doctor...will be here soon. Hai re Nand Kishore! Where have you been all this time? You just up and disappeared? Do you know how worried we were? You couldn't even call us? Don't you consider us your family?

Khushi (grabs Buaji's hands): Please forgive me Buaji. I know I hurt you all a lot by just leaving and never contacting. Buaji...I ...I ... just couldn't be in the same city as that...Laad Governor. I had to get out.

Buaji caresses Khushi's cheeks in affection. And then pulls her again into a tight hug.

Buaji: Hai re Nand Kishore! I can understand...koi baath nehi...now that you're back with our little Sanka Devi...

Buaji didn't get a chance to complete the sentence. Garima, who just walked through the door with Sashiji, screamed upon seeing Khushi.

Garima (runs to Khushi and hugs): Khushi...! Meri bacchi...where were you all this time? Why did you leave us? (Crying) Am I that bad of a mother that you didn't even think about me and left? Beta...do you hold me responsible? Bolo na...do you?

Sashi tries standing up from his wheel chair. He has tears of joy running down his face.

Sashi: Kh...Khu...Khu...shi...

Khushi runs out of Garima's arms and falls at her Babuji's feet.

Khushi: Babuji...! I missed you! How are you now?

In response, Sashi pats Khushi's hair. He is very happy to see his little girl back.

Tara (pulling at Khushi's dress): Mama...??

Khushi brings Tara closer to Sashi, as Garima comes and stands beside him.

Khushi: Amma...Babuji...this is my darling daughter, Tara. Tara...they are your Nana and Nani.

Tara: Nana and Nani? But...Mama...I already have Nan and Nana...so how can I call them Nana and Nani?

Khushi (smiles at her baby's innocent question): Beta...they are my parents. So they are your grandparents. (Kissing her cheeks) And you're a special little girl. Special little girls can have more than one set of grandparents.

Tara: Mama...you forget...I am a big girl now.

Khushi: Sorry...you're my special big girl.

Garima and Sashi smiles at their bond. They can't believe that their little girl is now all grown up and is a mother. Garima bends down and kisses her grandchild. Sashi puts his hands on top of Tara's head and pats her. He just can't stop smiling.

Khushi: Amma...Babuji...I am very sorry for leaving without saying anything to you. So very sorry! I just had to get out of town...I was...I was...suffocating. I am sorry...I should have called. Amma...I DO NOT hold you responsible for my broken marriage. I know you, I know my Amma...you would NEVER do what Mrs. Malik accused you of. No Amma...the fault for my broken marriage lie at the feet of that...Laad Governor. So please Amma...don't feel bad about something you are not responsible for...ok? (To Buaji) Buaji...I am sorry...but I am not back. I have a life now in Mumbai. I just wanted to see all of you. And...(gathering courage to say the next part) to get that Rakshas to sign the divorce paper.