Trip to the Beach with the Little Miss

Juhu Beach – Afternoon

It is an unusually cool afternoon for springtime in Mumbai.  RK breathes in the soft, salty breeze blowing in from the sea.  Wearing a hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses to protect his identity, he walks on the sugary soft sand.  The sand gently caressing his feet, he muses, natural exfoliate.  Listening to the rhythmic beat of the sea waves and the squawking of seagulls, it is music to his ears.

Ahh...nature at its best.  I should do this more often.  Take walks on the beach.  Stop, breathe and enjoy life.  Where are the lil munchkin and Arnav?

Tara runs up to RK, with Arnav closely following.

Arnav (shouting):  Tara...slow down!

Tara (shrieking):  Superstar!!!

RK turns his to see his Little Star running up to him.  Smiling and getting on his haunches, he holds his arms out for Tara.  She throws herself into his arms and slathers him with wet kisses.

RK (kissing her forehead):  So did my munchkin miss me?

Tara (giggling):  Maybe...do you have chocolate for me?

RK:  Ahh...so it's like that.

He picks Tara up and throws her up in the air as she shrieks with delight.

Arnav (reaching RK and shouts):  Dude!  Put her down...you're about to drop her!

RK throws her up in the air one more time and then gently puts her back down on the ground.  He takes a chocolate bar from his pocket and holds it out to Tara.

RK:  So...did you miss your Superstar?

Tara (grabs the chocolate and kisses RK's cheeks):  I missed you Superstar...(smiles sweetly)  I love you!

RK (conspiratorially to Tara):  Baby girl...tell your daddy that your Superstar won't ever let you fall.

Tara (giggling):  Daddy...My Superstar loves me...he won't let me fall.  I am not a baby any more...I am a big girl now.

Arnav:  What the...!

RK:  Aahaan...Arnav dude...listen to your daughter.  She's smart and a big girl now.

Arnav (raising a brow):  Oye...don't tell me how to deal with my daughter.  (Laughing)  She's just like her mother (winking) and I know how to handle her very well.

RK (laughing and pointing at Arnav's eye):  Aahaan...that black eye is the perfect testament to your capability to handle your wife.

Arnav (scowling):  Hey...hey...you're not in much better position either.  (Smirking) You can't handle your wife.

RK (sighing):  We are screwed.

Arnav:  Ditto.

Tara looks at her daddy and Superstar and pouts as she does not like that she is not the center of their attention.  She stomps her feet in frustration.

Hello...!  I am still here!

Tara pulls on both their pants to gain their attention.

Tara (sad with tears in her eyes):  Daddy...Superstar...you forgot about me?

Arnav crouches down to her eye level and kisses Tara's cheeks.

Arnav:  How can we ignore our baby girl?

RK (crouching down):  What...ignore you?  NEVER...(gallantly kissing Tara's hands) you're too adorable and precious...even if we try, we can't ignore you missy!

Tara (giggling):  Good!  I wouldn't let you either.  Ok...so listen...I have a plan!

Arnav and RK (confused):  Plan?

Tara (hands on hips):  Hello...!  To win back mama and mima...duhhh!

Arnav (seriously):  Of course my princess...what's your idea?

RK:  Share your wisdom...Oh Little One.

Tara:  Stop trying to boss them around.  Mama and mima are big girls...they are smart.  They like to be in control and pushed around.

Arnav and RK gape at Tara.  Who would have thought that 4 year old girl would be so wise?  She's right.  She is a big girl and certainly smarter than her daddy and Superstar.