Maasi Ma

Khushi is puzzled by the older woman's behavior. 

Me?  Alive?  How does she know me?  We just met!

Radhaji smiles wanly at Khushi and slowly stands up with RK's assistance.  RK tries to steer her towards the couch but instead she approaches Khushi.

Radhaji (clasps Khushi's hands):  Khushi don't you remember me?  (Watery smile) Ahh...but you were just a few years old when we last saw each other.  (Crying)  I can't believe you are alive and well in front of my eyes! 

Khushi wills herself to remember the sweet lady in front of her.  She inhales Radhaji's fragrance of magnolia, lily and cinnamon and finds it strangely familiar.  Looking deep into the older woman's deep, pleading eyes, old memories of a long-forgotten past comes back.

Khushi pulls Radhaji into a tight hug and buries her face into her comforting shoulders.

Khushi (sobbing):  Masi maa... It's really you? 

Radhaji (laughs):  Haan beta.  I am your masi maa.  (Pulls out of the hug and cups Khushi's face) I am very happy that my pyari guriya still remembers her masi maa. 

Madhu, Arnav and RK just stare at each other in utter bewilderment.  Masi maa?  When and how did that happen?

Tara sidles up next to Khushi and stares at Radhaji with curiosity.  Radhaji notices her and the striking resemblance between the two.  She looks at Khushi for confirmation.

Khushi (pulls Tara forward):  Masi maa this naughty little girl is my daughter, Tara.  (Speaking to Tara) Baby she is mama's masi maa and your nani.

Arnav (pipes in):  My daughter too!  And my baby girl is far from naughty.

Tara frowns at Khushi in confusion.  Now she has three nanis? 

Tara:  But mama I already have two nanis, how can I have another one?

Khushi:  Baby she is mama, your nani's sister.  So that makes her your nani as well.

Radhaji (smiles and puts her hands on top of Tara's head):  Hi beta.  You know you're just as beautiful as your mama, who looks just like her mama, your nani. 

Tara:  Really?  I am pretty like mama and nani?

Radhaji:  Beautiful like a princess.

Tara (claps her hands in excitement):  Yay!  Did you hear that mama?  I am beautiful like a princess.  (To RK) Superstar...you gots to tell Ranbir Kapoor to wait for me to be a big girl.  (Nods) I am his princess.

RK (shakes himself out of stupor, replies back to Tara):  You're our princess baby.  (To Radhaji)  Umm...maa?  What's going on? 

Madhu:  Yes maa.  All of a sudden, you are Khushi's masi maa?  I didn't know you two knew each other.

Arnav:  Aunty you know Khushi then you also know Garima aunty?

Radhaji:  My dearest children, Khushi is my niece.  (To RK) Rishu...don't you remember Suhana and Garima masi?

RK (scratches his head):  I guess so.  (Upon seeing Radhaji's glare) Yes maa, I remember them.

Radhaji (scolds):  Khushi looks just like your Suhana masi.  How could you not recognize her?!? 

Khushi (puts her hands on her hips and glares at RK):  Yes...yes...RK...how come you didn't recognize me?!?

RK (feeling cornered):  Umm...well...why didn't you recognize me?!? 

Radhaji:  She was just 5 years old when she last saw you!  But you, my dear son, were old enough that you should have recognized Khushi because she looks just like your Suhana masi.