Mumbai Connection

Next Day - Shantivan

Arnav is rushing around the room packing his luggage and on his Bluetooth with Aman.

Arnav: Aman! Did you book my flight?...Yes...dammit! I want first class!...Did you book hotel?...Aman! Dammit! I want the best amenities!...Taj Mahal Palace and Tower?...I want their best suite!...Elephanta Suite?...Fine!...Make sure you book a car...What the!...Of course I need a car to drive in that city!...Do it now!...And tell Mohan to bring the car around! Leaving for the airport in half an hour!

Arnav hangs up after barking orders at poor, harried Aman. He is packed and now all ready to go!

Khushi...I am coming! I lost you once, I am not losing you again! I don't know what the future holds for us. And I don't know if this once again will make you a target for that foul, mysterious creature trying to harm you. But I can't be without you anymore. I'll win you back Khushi. And I will be damned if anyone is going to try to harm you!

Arnav (shouting): Hari Prakash! Hari Prakash!

HP comes running in Arnav's room, breathless from his sprint. He knows better than to delay when Laad Governor...oopps...Arnav Bhaiyya is calling.

HP: Ji Arnva bhaiyya?

Arnav: Put my luggage in the car!

HP: Ji Arnav bhaiyya!

HP carries the luggage quickly out of the room. He has no wish to incite the fire breathing dragon's wrath and be burned alive! Ohh no! If he's gone, his Laxmiji will miss him!

Arnav grabs his laptop bag and leaves his room to say his goodbyes to his family. He approaches his family members who are still eating breakfast.

Arnav: Nani...Di...I am going out of town for business.

Naniji stops eating and looks up in surprise.

Naniji: But Chote...all of a sudden? You didn't tell us before.

Arnav: I know Nani...it was a last minute decision. It's urgent I go today...my flight is in an hour.

Arnav looks at his Di but she is too busy fiddling with her mobile. He is a little hurt that his usually concerned Di is preoccupied.

Shyam (evil smirk): Saale Saab...where are you going?

Arnav grits his teeth in anger. He really can't this snake. If he had things his way, he would throw him out like garbage! His only around because his Di can't live without this pathetic excuse of a man!

Arnav (ignoring Shyam): Nani I am going to Mumbai. Will return in a few days.

Arnav (thinking): Hopefully with my Khushi.

Nani: Chote...at least sit down and have your breakfast.

Arnav: No time Nani..I have to go.

Anjali finally looks up from her mobile and smiles at Arnav.

Anjali: Have a safe flight Chote.

Arnav nods and leaves. He is again hurt by his Di's lack of concern for him. His Di used to be concerned about his health and safety. But lately he is seeing that his Di has drifted away from him. Hmm...no can't be! He is just stressed and reading too much into things. Hi Di is still his Di...the most important person in the world for him.

After Arnav left, Shyam stands up to take his leave.

Shyam: Rani Sahiba... I am leaving to meet with some clients.

Anjali: Ji.

Shyam smirks and leaves for his "meeting with his clients." Foolish woman! You think I am meeting with clients...? Silly woman...! (Laughs maniacally) I am the client! Ahhh...it's good to spend Saale Saab's hard earned money on booze and call girls. This is the life...Rani Sahiba...you do have your uses!

A few minutes later, Anjali also stands up from the table, clutching her mobile.

Anjali: Nani...I am going to the Mandir for Puja.

Naniji: Anjali bitiya...you should have told Damaadji. He would have dropped you off. Mohan left with Chote. How will you go bitiya?

Anjali: No problem Nani. Please don't worry. Mandir is close by...I can walk there or call a cab.

Naniji: Accha thik hain bitiya. Be careful.

Anjali: Ji Nani.

Anjali take the Puja thali and walks outside. She signals the security guards to open the door. She looks around to see if anyone is watching. Once she verifies that no eyes are on her, she quickly hides the Puja thali under the bush. She walks a little distance away from Shantivan as she sends quick messages on her mobile. A red Lamborghini pulls up smartly next to her, Anjali laughingly gets in.

Please comment. :)