Seeking Answers

RK tightens his hold on the steering wheel, trying to reign in his mounting anger. Why the hell is Madhu getting in the car with that man? Wait? Is that ASR? What the hell is he doing here in Mumbai?!? Why is the damned man with MY BIWI?!? Is he the reason Madhu wants a divorce? He slams his fist down onto the steering wheel in frustration. Damn it! She's mine! And only mine! I am not letting that asshole take away my woman!

Arnav starts driving and RK follows them to the restaurant. He watches Arnav open the door for HIS Madhu and escorts her in. RK sits there and contemplates his next move.

In the restaurant

Arnav pulls the chair out for Madhu and waits for her to sit before taking his own. The waiter comes and takes their order.

Madhu (sits back and relaxes): So Mr. Raizada. Tell me the real reason you are here.

Arnav (innocent): For the merger of course.

Madhu: Right... and coming to our firm and demanding to work with Khushi is just ALL part of the merger?

Arnav: Arnav Singh Raizada only works with the best, Ms. Malik.

Madhu (laughs): Mr. Raizada our firm is full of brilliant lawyers specializing in corporate law. So that leads me to believe that you're only here for Khushi. What do you want with her?

Arnav (sighs): I want her back.

Madhu: So you can break her heart and trust again? I don't think so.

Arnav: And who are YOU Ms. Malik to make this decision?

Madhu: Well...Mr. Raizada I was the one who helped her pick up the pieces and put her life back together. She is my best friend. Like a sister to me. I am not going to sit idle and let you just waltz right back into her life to shatter it into a million pieces.

Arnav: I know I've hurt her. But I promise I won't again, I just want another chance.

Madhu (laughs again): That's rich coming from you Mr. Wishy Washy. Your promise holds no value. Didn't you promise to love and stand by her? But the minute a storm entered your life, you left Khushi stranded. You abandoned her. So excuse me if I don't put much stock in your words.

Arnav: Are you always this difficult?

Madhu (smiles): Only with assholes.

Arnav (muses): I wonder why so bitter? Did some poor chap leave you for your sharp tongue?

Madhu's smile slips off her face for a moment. But she pastes it back on.

Madhu (smiling): You can take jabs at me all you like Mr. Raizada. But it doesn't change facts. You broke Khushi's heart and trust TWICE. She is not the same girl you married. Well...can't really call it a wedding now can I? Just slapping on sindoor and mangalsutra but no pheres, that makes it only a half wedding. And that too will be dissolved. The court WILL grant her a divorce. So good luck getting a third chance with Khushi.

RK storms into the restaurant and is immediately surrounded by two young, enthusiastic fans.

Fan 1: OMG...! It's RK!

Fan 2: OMG...OMG...OMG! Can I have your autograph please?

RK: You need an appointment to deal with RK. Now kindly step out of my way!

The two young girls dejectedly step out of his way. Poor things...wish someone had warned them not to get in front of a raging bull.

RK looks around and spots Madhu sitting and smiling at that bloody bastard. He stalks over to their table.

RK (controlling his rage): Biwi...Did you forget about your Patidev so soon? Are you not going to invite me to sit down with you for lunch and introduce me to YOUR FRIEND?

Madhu spits up her drink and slams the glass down on the table.

Madhu (sputtering): RK! What are you doing here?!?

RK: Biwi...can a man not come and see his wife?

Madhu: No! And I am not your Biwi! So please leave (sees people looking in their direction) you're creating a scene!

RK: Aahaan... Legally we are still married. So YOU ARE STILL MY BIWI.

Arnav stands up and extends his hand towards RK.

Arnav: Hi. I am Arnav Singh Raizada.

RK grabs hold of Arnav's hand in a tight grip and gives it an extra tight squeeze before letting go.

RK (glittering eyes): RK. Superstar RK...and Madhu's husband. Did Madhu tell you that she's married?

Arnav just raises his brows at this and looks at Madhu.

Madhu (hissing): RK..! This is real life not reel life. You can't just barge in and cause a scene!

RK: Biwi...biwi...biwi...dialogue mara band karo. That's Superstar RK's specialty. And how am I causing a scene? I just want to join my wife for lunch.

Madhu (to Arnav): Please excuse me.

She grabs RK's arms and pulls him to a secluded part of the restaurant. Once she makes sure that they have privacy, she turns to him furiously.

Madhu: What the hell was that about?!?

RK grabs hold of her shoulders and pushes her up against the wall.

RK: I could ask the same thing of you Biwi?!?

Madhu (pushing him away from her): How dare you barge in like that and cause a scene? I am NOT your Biwi. We have no relationship. YOU have NO right to interfere in my life!

RK: It was that easy for you to move on?!?

Madhu: Huh?

RK pushes up against her and puts his hands on the wall on each side of her head.

RK: Who the hell is he to you?

Madhu: RK...I just told you that MY life is none of your damned business. (Trying to push him off to give her space) And stay the hell away from me!

RK: Is he Tara's father?

Madhu (confused): Huh?!?

RK (rages): IS HE TARA'S FATHER?!?!?

Madhu: Well...yes! ASR is Tara's father.

RK (punches the wall in rage): Damn it!

Madhu jumps up in shock. She stares at RK as he's materialized into a beast.

Madhu (furiously): What the hell is the matter with you RK?!? Why are you so bent out of shape that ASR is Tara's father?

RK (grabs her shoulders again and shakes her): Do I mean nothing to you?!?

Madhu (pushes his hands off her shoulders): Are you freaking kidding me? How dare you ask me that question? YOU? Who played with my heart and my feelings for the sake of REVENGE! For four slaps! YOU pretended to love me and then discarded me like a piece of garbage once you achieved your goal! And YOU are asking ME do you mean anything to ME? I should ask you, what the hell do I mean to YOU? Nada! Nothing! Zilch! Zero! You didn't want to complete the pheres. So as far as I am concerned Mr. Rishab Kundra, you and I ARE NOT MARRIED! We have NO RELATIONSHIP! So just STOP trying to barge in my life! I am NOT A DOLL THAT YOU CAN TOY WITH ANYTIME YOU WANT!

RK (frustrated and angry): Damn it woman! I DIDN'T COMPLETE THE PHERES BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!!!!

-

Thanks for reading and please comment!