Rakshas & Janwar

Malik House

The door bell rings and the lovely Nargis, the Malik housekeeper, opens the door. She stands in shock at the visitor.

Goodness! In less than a week, two prolific individuals visiting their house. Nargis puts her hand on her heart, it's beating really fast. Ahh...if only she was at least 10 years younger, she sighs. The business tycoon, Arnav Singh Raizada, is even more handsome in person. Nargis can't wait to share his visit with her friends. They will be jealous! She must also make sure to feed this gentleman. Ohh no...she will not let another one get away without feeding with her own sweet hands.

Arnav asked about Khushi a few times to Nargis. But the poor woman just cannot get over her shock at seeing this fine specimen at her door. Twice in a week. It just can't get any better.

Arnav (frustrated): What the...! Is Khushi in?

Nargis (finally shaking herself out of stupor): Oh yes sir. Please come in. She's in the study. I'll get her for you.

Arnav (stepping into the house): Just show me the way.

Nargis (sputtering): But sir...

Arnav: NOW!!!

Nargis's eyes widen with fear. This is one angry young man! Better lead him to his prey before he eats me alive. She points him to Khushi's study and disappears. No need to be in the line of fire!

Arnav stalks over to the study and slams open the door. As the door resounds against the wall, Khushi looks up in shock. Upon seeing Arnav, she jumps up from her chair and glares at his rude, unwanted entry to her private study.

Khushi (growls): What the hell are you doing here?

Arnav stalks over to her desk and throws the piece of paper he's holding on to her desk.

Arnav (dangerously soft tone): Care to explain?

Khushi picks up the piece of paper and her eyes widen in response. It is a copy of Tara's birth certificate. She trembles in fear as she looks into Arnav's angry molten eyes.

Khushi: How...how..did y...you...get this?

Arnav: A good Samaritan was kind enough to forward it to me. Do I have a daughter Khushi?

Khushi: Arnav...I...

Arnav (louder): Do I have a daughter?!?

Khushi (gaining control on her tremors): She's only MY DAUGHTER!!

Arnav (bangs his fist on the table and screams): Damn it Khushi! I am her father and I HAVE EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT HER! How dare you keep her, my DAUGHTER, away from me? She has a right to know her father!

Khushi: Yes...she has a right to know her father! A father who kicked her mother out of her life while she was carrying his baby! A father who didn't even marry her mother properly TWICE, played with her feelings and disposed of her like she's garbage! Lovely information to share with a young girl, don't you think? And how dare you accuse me of keeping her away from you? After what YOU DID, you think I would tell you? NO! You broke off relations. So you have NO right! Do you hear me Mr. Raizada? And I swear if you try to take my baby from me, I will fight you with every fiber of my being! Devi Maiyya ke kasam!

Arnav comes around the table and grabs Khushi's shoulders and shakes her.

Arnav: Damn it Khushi! I don't want to take OUR baby away from you! I just want to be in her life. She deserves a father! And I have explained to you over and over again WHY I broke things off! Come one Khushi...for our daughter's sake, give US a chance!