Dealing with Papa Malik

RK recognizes that voice.  He closes his eyes, and turns around for what may end up being an ugly confrontation.  Arnav gives RK a funny look and turns around as well.  Standing at the top of the stairs is an imposing figure of a man in his early 50s, looking at least a decade younger.  He is a tall, muscular fellow ferociously scowling down at the two intruders daring to enter his abode.  The man is none other than Madhu's father, step father actually, Malik.

Malik (coming down the stairs):  Haraamzaade!  How dare you come to my house?

RK:  Malik...

Malik is now at the bottom of the steps and strides over to RK till he towers over him.  He is 2-3 inches taller than RK.

Malik (growls):  After what you did to MY daughter.  Played with her love and trust...I wish my bullet had pierced your blackheart, and killed you!  (Stepping closer menacingly) I can still kill you.

Tara's eyes widen with fear.  She squeezes in between RK and Malik and uses all her strength to try to push Malik away.  He looks down in shock at his granddaughter.

Tara (tears streaming down her eyes):  Nanu...please don't hurt my Superstar.  He didn't do anything wrong.  Pretty pretty please Nanu.  My Superstar is a good boy.  (Holding her throat) Pakka.  I love you Nanu...you love me don't you?  If you love me, you won't hurt my Superstar.

RK (pats Tara's head):  It's ok...Little Star.  Everything is fine...nothing to be scared about.

Malik stares down at his granddaughter.  He can't believe this sweet child is begging him to show mercy to that rakshas.  Taking a deep breath, he calms down his anger.  Violence is not the answer and he doesn't want to scare the poor child.  Malik (puts his hand atop Tara's head):  Shona...Don't worry.  Nanu won't hurt (points toward RK with a disgusted expression) your Superstar.  I love you too.  Do you trust your Nanu?

Tara (stops crying and nods her head in the affirmative):  I trust you Nanu...I trust you. (Holding his hand and slobbers a wet kiss on it)  You're the best...I love you!

Malik bends down and kisses her forehead.

Khushi and Madhu have been frozen in their spot for the last few minutes.  They have been secretly praying that there won't be any bloodshed.  Both love Malik, he is the best father any girl can ask for.  But he also has the devil's own temper, especially anyone hurting his family.

Khushi (shaking off her stupor):  Baby.  Say goodnight and go upstairs.

Madhu (blinks her eyes to focus):  Yes sweetie...go upstairs.  Nan will give you a hot bath.

Tara (hands on hips):  Mima...I am a big girl now.  I can take a shower by myself.

Madhu (hiding her smile):  I am sorry.  You are a big girl now...Nan will just supervise.  (Conspiratorially) You can splash water at her and get her all wet too.

Tara (giggles): Mima...if Nan gets mad I'll tell her it's your idea.

Khushi:  Ok baby...say goodnight to daddy and Superstar.

Tara (whining):  But mama...

RK (ignoring Malik's glare, bends down and kisses Tara's cheeks):  Goodnight my little champion.  Sweet dreams.

Tara giggles and then runs to her daddy.  Arnav picks up his little girl and kisses her cheeks.

Arnav:  Goodnight baby.  I love you.

Tara (giggles and kisses her daddy):  I love you too daddy.

Arnav sets her back down on the floor and she sprints up the stairs.  Everyone holds off speaking till they are sure Tara is out of earshot distance.

Malik (glares at Arnav):  I assume you are Arnav Singh Raizada...

Arnav (extending his hand):  Yes sir...

Malik (continuing):  The useless piece of **** who abandoned my Khushi.

Khushi and Madhu stifle their giggles.  Arnav glares at both and retracts his hand.

Damn!  This crotchety old man is lucky I respect my elders...or we'd be sharing some words.

Malik (turning to RK):  How dare you show up here after what you did to my daughter? (To both Arnav and RK) What are you two up to?  (Furiously) Did you get bored and thought to come and start your games again with my daughters?!?  What do you have planned this time?  Last time you broke their hearts.  Now what are you going to do?  Steal and feed on their souls, suck them dry of all their happiness?

RK (mutters):  That's a bit Harry Potterish don't you think?

Malik (roars):  I am talking about the well-being of my daughters and you have the nerve to crack a joke?!?  You ARE lucky that because of Tara I am not breaking every single damn bone in your body!

Madhu (rushes to hold Malik's arm in a bid to calm him down):  Papa...it's ok.  RK can't do anything to me now.  I can take care of myself.

Khushi (reassuring):  Yes papa...please don't worry.  They can't do anything to us.  (Glaring at the boys) We are older and much wiser now.

Malik (sighing):  I worry my darlings.  You may be all grown now...but you are still my daughters...and I am going to keep on worrying.  Especially since you are married to such rakshas!

RK (sighs and addresses Malik):  Would it help to know why I played the revenge card?  To know the truth?

Malik (snorts):  You and truth?  That's laughable.  Mr. Superstar you can't even differentiate between reel and real life.

Arnav:  Hear him out Malik.  He has an excellent reason.

The girls glare at Arnav for interrupting Malik.

Malik (glare at Arnav):  I shouldn't be surprised.  Two rogues will support each other.

Arnav (to RK):  Show him.

RK gingerly takes out the letter he stuffed in his sweatshirt pocket.  Before arriving at the Malik residence, they made a quick stop at RK mansion.  Malik snatches the paper off RK's hands and reads the content.  His eyes widen with horror.

The contents of the letter:

Keep your eyes open. Keep your ears pricked. Keep looking around you. I will sneak up when you least expect it. You have sinned and you must pay. How you pay, the choice is yours. Either you leave your wife and live a lonely, miserable life. Or you'll pay the biggest price. Her life! I will take great pleasure in ending it, making her writhe in pain till she takes her last breath. HAHAHAHAHA....! You have already seen my handiwork and they were just teasers.  Next one will not be.  The Choice is Yours, Superstar RK.   

Happy deciding.

Yours,

Number One Fan, Not

Khushi and Madhu are alarmed by Malik's pale, wide eyed expression.

Madhu (glares at RK):  What the hell did you show to papa? (To Malik) Papa...papa...what's wrong?

Khushi (also glares):  What's in that paper RK?

Arnav (holding up his phone, showing picture of his letter):  I had my PA email me a copy of the letter I received around the same time, 5 years ago.  (Malik reads it and pales even more) Eerily similar isn't it? The writing style, and the most damning evidence, the author.  We did it all for their safety and we'll do whatever it takes now to do the same.  And none of us knew each other back then. Yet we receive practically the same letter.  There has to be a connection!

Khushi and Madhu (getting even more alarmed by Malik's expression):  What are you guys showing to him?!?  What letters, authors, safety business your discussing?  What's going on?!?

RK (ignoring the ladies and speaking to Malik):  Now you tell me Saasurji...what would you have done in our place?