Ferocious

Taj Mahal Palace and Tower

Arnav stands at his suite's balcony and moodily stares out at the spectacular view. The sun setting; the bright orange glow, slowly dimming as it seems to slowly sink into the river. Sipping on scotch, he mentally curses himself for his earlier blunder.

Damn! I should have spoken to Khushi. She recognized my voice. What the hell should I do now? Call her? Yeah right...she's probably going to bite my head off! Nawh. I think it's best to let her cool down till tomorrow and then I'll call her.

He convinces himself that he has made the right decision. No point in having a heated discussion now. Tomorrow he will calmly have a discussion with Khushi. Arnav Singh Raizada does not need to explain his actions to anyone. Nonetheless, he will explain his rationale behind his actions. He will meet Khushi in her office tomorrow. Smirking, Arnav knows she won't be able to throw a fit in her office. And his head will be quite safe.

Still in deep thought, Arnav hears a knock on the door. Beyond irritated, he stalks over to the door and swings it opens. Ready to berate the person who dared to disturb his peace and quiet. Standing right at the door, is the love of his life, his Khushi.

Arnav: Khushi...

Khushi (smiles): Arnav...

Quick as lightning, she draws her right fist back and lands a solid punch on Arnav's face, left eye to be exact.

Arnav (holding his face and staggering backward): What the...!

Khushi enters the suite and turns around to close the door. She turns back around to face Arnav and glares at him.

Arnav: Damn woman! Where the hell did you learn to throw a punch?!? That was one mean right hook! And how do you know I was staying at this hotel?

Khushi (still glaring): I have my ways Mr. Raizada. Namely your right hand man, Aman. Don't you fire him for telling me! The poor man is the only one who can and has put up with you and your foul temper. What the hell...why am I answering your questions! You need to explain YOURSELF to ME! How dare you have me followed Mr. Raizada?!?

Arnav: Khushi...calm down...I can explain...

Khushi advances on Arnav, grabs hold of his shirt and brings his face close to hers.

Khushi (growls): You damn well better explain!

Arnav: It's true I was keeping tabs on you. But not for...

Khushi (interrupting): How dare you keep tabs on me?!? Who the hell are you to do that?

Arnav (answers flippantly): Your husband.

Khushi (letting go of his shirt): Just a legal technicality. And we are going to get a divorce, so my life is of no concern to you!

Arnav (now furious): Damn it Khushi! I AM your husband and I am going to REMAIN your husband. You get that? Drop this nonsense about divorce! You want to know the real reason I didn't complete our marriage?

Khushi (sarcastic): Ohhh...please do enlighten me.

Arnav: I was trying to protect you from harm. There were already some attempts on your life. And then I received a death threat that if I don't leave you, you will die! I couldn't let that happen. So I did what I had to protect you! As for WHY I was having you followed, it's to protect you! So no harm befalls you. The threat was made 5 years ago, but I don't want to take any chances.

Khushi (scoffed): That's just brilliant! Did you and RK get together and make a plan to fool your adhuri biwis? He told Madhu the same nonsense!

Arnav (confused): Huh?!? What has RK and Madhu got to do with us?

Khushi: He told Madhu the same bullshit! Didn't complete their marriage because he wanted to protect her. Seriously?!? Are we just supposed to buy this nonsense?

Arnav: What the...! I don't even know RK!

Khushi (ignoring him): He had Madhu followed too last night. Decided to scare her with a stalker and a dead crow so she'll believe his story. You and RK are just alike! Of course he vehemently denied having her followed. Wait a minute... (glares) Did YOU have Madhu followed too?

Arnav: What the...! Why would I keep tabs on Madhu?!?

Khushi: So you can convince me that there is a threat! Well let me tell you Mr. Raizada, I am not buying it! Spare me your lies and games. I may have blind idiot 5 years ago falling into all your traps, but not anymore! As you can see, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and my family. So don't YOU have me followed again! Do YOU understand me?!? (Holding up her fist) That mean hook as you called it is paltry compared to what I can do!

Khushi storms out of his suite. Arnav thinks wryly so much for his plans to have a calm, rational discussion at her office. No indeed. He is still reeling from the punch and the verbal tirade she just fired at him. Arnav gets a piece of cloth and some ice and applies it to his bruised eye. Damn! The woman does have mean right hook!

Ahh...that's the price to pay for messing with a jungli billi.

Arnav hears another knock on the door. He sighs, thinking that his beautiful sherni of a wife is back for round 2. Mentally prepared for whatever verbal and physical assaults about to be launched at his person, Arnav opens the door. To his surprise it's a courier. The boy hands him an envelope from an anonymous sender. After tipping the courier boy, Arnav closes the door and rips open the envelope. He reads the content of the paper he pulled out and is utterly shocked!

Arnav's fiery temper has just been ignited. Devi Maiyya help the person who is about to feel the dragon's wrath. Have the fire extinguisher ready to douse out the fire!

Thanks for reading and please comment!

XoXo

Tainar