Inbhestigation!

Mamiji:  Hello hi bye bye!  Yeh toh (holding her hands wide) bigwa devailopment!  Tum dono aur coinecshion to dadiji.

Arnav (whispers):   I can't believe this.  Dadi was always strict but I thought she loved us.  If we were her real grandchildren she would have never abandoned us and foisted us on Nani.

Khushi:  Arnav I am sure dadiji does love you but she just doesn't know how to show it.  Sure she admitted that she gave your chacha more preference.  But that doesn't mean that she didn't love your dad or you and Di.

Madhu (also whispers):  Yes...but this...connection...it's so odd.  Just think...if she had married...the Shaitan's baap then that Shaitan wouldn't have come into this world.  Then Maa wouldn't have married him and suffered at his hands.

Khushi:  Then you wouldn't have been in this world and I would have been deprived of my sister and best friend.  Tara of her mima.  Madhu we can sit here and think about what ifs all day long.  But it won't change a thing.  Whatever happened was fate.  Now I know this is a very shocking development.  But does it really affect your lives now?

RK (muses):  You know...we have to consider all possibilities.

They all look at RK as if he has lost his mind.

RK (continuing):  The possibility that she is involved in the threatening letters we both received.  Think about it, we've been trying to figure out what's the connection.  Why would we get the same letters 5 years ago when we didn't even know each other? Well she's the connection!

Arnav (aghast):  What the...!  RK have you lost your mind?  Granted dadi is not related to me by blood and she may not love us as she should.  But she's still my...our grandmother!  You ARE her blood, her brother's grandson!  No matter how angry she may be at your dadaji, I refuse to believe that she would stoop so low as to send threatening letters to break up our marriage.

Mamiji opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted by RK.

RK (rationalizing):  Arnav you are emotional, rightfully so, that's why you are not thinking this through.  You can't deny that she hates Khushi.  That's why she enacted the whole drama the day of the wedding.  And she could have sent the letter to ensure that you two don't get married.  I am sorry if she was truly a caring grandmother, she would have stuck with her recently orphaned grandkids.  Not hoist them off to another.

Arnav (interrupts furiously):  Dammit RK!  You don't know what the hell you're saying!  Our chacha threw us out and dadi thought leaving us with nani was the the best option for us!

Khushi (grabs Arnav's shoulders):  Shh...it's ok...calm down.  RK is just trying to come up with answers.  Don't take it to heart.

Madhu (hisses at RK):  Cut it out!

Mamiji again opens her mouth to speak but again she is interrupted.

RK:  I am not saying she is the mystery write of those letters.  But we have to consider all the possibilities.  And right now she is the only connection to all of us.

Mamiji:  Ei ko?  Whatj dhis michtery writer you talkingz abouts?  Huh?  Huh?  Tells me!  Kon thraiten whom?

Arnav and RK explain to mamiji the letters they received.  And how like fools they gave in to the demand that they not complete the wedding.

Mamiji:  Hello hi bye bye!  Itna kuch!  Arnav bitwa youz chould havez toldwa me.  Ij couldz haive hailped.  Koi baath nehi.  Why fearj when mami ij heres!  I willj hailpz now.  I willj hailp inbhestigate aur (pretending to hold a gun) dishum...dishum...bad guyj!

Arnav (rolling his eyes):  Mami thank you but you don't need to get involved.

Mamiji (aghast):  Arnav bitwa...Mein ikshpert hoon.  (Hitting her head) Yeh loh...I completewa foirgotz to tellwa yous.

Everyone tenses up in anticipation.

RK (thinking more information to corroborate his theory, asks enthusiastically):  What did you forget mamiji?  More details on dadiji?

Mamiji:  Haan RK bitwa!  Phew dayj aifter coinverchesion, I gotz an ideaj.  I shouldwa goej to Sheesh Mahal to...

Khushi (finishes helpfully):  To go to Sheesh Mahal to investigate what exactly happened all those years ago.

Mamiji:  Egjectly Phati Sari!  Mein Shiarlock Holmej ki tarah dhoonda cluej aur ainsers!

Madhu (excitingly):  So what did you find Mamiji?

Mamiji:  Madhu bitiya...yeh dadiji na aifter leavingj Arnav bitwa aur Anjali bitiya with uj, she waint backwa to Sheesh Mahal.  Aur ishtayed deres till Arnav bitwa botz Sheesh Mahal from hij chacha.

Khushi (shocked):  I thought dadiji was in an ashram all these years?

Mamiji:  No Phati Sari.  Dadiji waj laivingz like a maha rani in Sheesh Mahal bhith Dhruv while my poor bitwa herej waj woirkingz hardj.  Arnav bitwa I achked cheveral peoplej.  Aill toldj dadiji waj there.

RK (to a shocked Arnav):  So are you now willing to consider her as a suspect for writing those letters?