Chapter 5 - Original chapter

Paris was in her own home, when her father texted her. 'Ben, Cole's brother is not to be trusted.' She looked at it and texted back. 'Okay, I will keep an eye on him.' Then she went to watch the tv as Cole called her. She picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hello, Paris." Cole greeted her.

Paris looked at the clock. "Why are you calling this late?"

"Just..." He trailed off. "Yeah you right, it's late." Then he hung up.

"Strange guy." Paris muttered, before she went to watch the tv again.

---------------------

The next morning, Paris went to an interview for work and it was for the police as a police officer. There she met Darryl Morris, who looked shocked to see her. "What?!" She snarled a little.

"What are you doing here?" He asked to her.

"I have a job interview here." Paris replied to him.

"Huh?" He was very confused.

"I was already an officer in my hometown." Paris explained it to him.

"And you think you can work 24/7 for here?" Darryl was dumbfounded.

"Yes, I did it back home as well." Paris nodded.

"How long was you an officer?" Darryl asked to her.

"A year, just before I moved here." Paris replied to him.

"Oh, okay." Darryl was impressed. "Good luck with your interview."

"Thank you." Paris nodded as then she went to her interview.

-------------------------------------------

Half an hour later, Paris walked past Darryl, but he stopped her. "How did the interview go?"

"Good, I think. I will be hearing from your boss in a few days, cause there were other people too." Paris replied to him.

"Maybe I will see you soon on the work field." Darryl comment to her.

Paris nodded. "I hope so."

"Good luck." Darryl comment.

"Thanks." Paris nodded to him as then she walked away, going home for now.

----------------------------------------------

When she arrived home, she met with Cole, who was already waiting for her. "Hey." She greeted him.

"Hey." He greeted her back.

Paris went serious. "Listen, my dad texted me yesterday and I told me that Ben isn't being to be trusted."

"I figured." Cole nodded.

Paris sighed. "Yeah, but if I tell Phoebe about it, she wouldn't believe me anyway."

"I know, she's stubborn." Cole told her.

"Yeah, she's my sister." Paris comment.

"Half-sister." Cole corrected her.

Paris rolled with her eyes. "Yeah, yeah." She sighed. "But still, a sister."

Cole nodded. "Okay."

Just then Paris changed the subject. "I had a job interview by the police."

"Oh, I was an advocate." Cole told her.

"Okay." Paris nodded. "What's with us demons, part demons, doing a job by the law?"

"Some of us do." Cole replied to her. "Not all of us."