Chapter 9 - The Demon Who Came in from the Cold, part 2

Leo orbed in. "Phoebe, Paris, anything?"

"I'm sure it's not as easy to break away from there as he thought. He'll show." Phoebe replied to him as Paris nodded.

Leo looked at them. "It's okay to be scared."

"The opposite." Paris told him.

Phoebe shook with her head. "No, I'm not scared. Concerned maybe, a little. We shouldn't have let them go."

"We didn't. They choose to." Leo told her, glancing at Paris.

"I know, and for what? To prove to me that he's good? He doesn't have to prove anything to me." Phoebe sighed as then the brothers shimmered in. "Ben." She runs over and hugged him. "Are you okay? Did they buy your story?"

Paris rushed over to Cole. "You aren't hurt are you?"

"No." Cole shook with his head.

Ben looked at Phoebe. "For now, but I gotta get back. They're suspicious enough as it is."

"Well, then maybe you shouldn't go back." Phoebe told him.

"I want to, to stop them. Look, I don't have much time. All I know is they're after someone who's gonna be at Pier and Pescadero at 8am. But I don't know who." Ben told her.

"We might. Frank Pirelli runs Lexserom but he doesn't want a big merger to happen." Leo told them.

"The brotherhood does. Makes sense, explains why they've taken over investment banking firm." Cole sighed.

Paris looked at them. "How does it explain that?"

"The best way for evil to get a foot hole in the human world is to take over their businesses. Work from the inside out." Cole replied to her.

"You just learn that, did you?" Phoebe frowned.

Cole shook with his head. "No."

"So we need to safe guard Pirelli, till the merger vote at 11:00, and the brotherhood loses." Leo told them.

"Yes, but if you intervene, they might think I had something to do with it. You could blow our cover." Ben said, glancing at Cole.

Leo looked at him. "We can't let them kill Pirelli."

"But you can let them kill me?" Ben snarled. Cole rolled with his eyes.

Phoebe looked at Ben. "No, no, Ben, look at me. We're gonna find a way to protect you. You'd better get back."

Ben touched her face. "Alright. I'm looking forward to seeing you in your cap and gown." He took the bottle of water Phoebe was holding. "Mind if I borrow this?" Ben shimmered out.

"Be safe." Paris told to Cole.

"Always am." Cole told her as then he too shimmered out.

------------------

Later, the sisters and Leo were walking down the street. "Wouldn't it be nice to save the world at a descent hour?" Piper complained.

Phoebe sighed. "Okay, well, we have to focus here because if we don't pull this off just right, Ben is screwed."

"And Cole." Paris added.

"Well, as long as we wait until the last second, Ben and Cole should be fine." Prue told them.

"Well, let's just hope that killing Pirelli isn't all they want." Leo added.

"Well, if it wasn't he would've told you, right? I mean, unless you think he's holding something back." Piper suggested.