Chapter 6 - Death Takes a Halliwell, part 2

Paris and Phoebe went their separate ways, Phoebe went to find Ben as Paris went to find Cole. Then Paris found Cole in the Mausoleum. "I better get outta here." Cole told to Paris.

Paris frowned. "What? Why?"

"Because it's getting too dangerous." Cole replied to her.

"So you're just gonna disappear?" Paris asked.

Cole looked at her. "If that's what it takes to keep you safe."

"What do you mean?" Paris asked, frowning.

Cole walked up to her. "I care about you." He told her. "There is this connection that we have."

"Oh, so we are gonna talk about feelings, when you want to disappear?" Paris scoffed.

"Yeah." Cole nodded.

"Okay." Paris stepped closer to him. "I will tell you." She looked at him. "I care about you too. There you have it and I know there is a connection." Then she sighed. "But it will be for nothing if we don't take down those demons."

Cole nodded. "I agree." He said. "Some demon obviously knows I'm alive or at least suspects that. Why else would they have killed my landlady. And if they killed her, they'll kill anyone they have to, to get to me."

Paris looked at him. "That is exactly why you cannot leave. We have to stop them before they hurt anybody else. Or before they hurt you."

Cole took Paris hands. "They're after me, Paris. This is my battle. I'll handle it." He started to walk away.

"Cole." Paris called as he stopped and turned back around. "Just so you know, I really care about you and if holding onto that means that I have to fight a couple of extra demons along the way, then bring 'em on."

Cole smiled. "Unfortunately, we have no idea what we're dealing with. A strange shadow that only Prue can see, I haven't the slightest idea what that could be."

"So we'll figure it out." Paris told him as then they hug. "Together. It won't bring Mrs. Owens back but trust me, avenging an innocent feels pretty damn good."

------------------------------------------

They went back to Cole's old apartment. Cole and Paris ducked under some police tape across the door and walked in. then Paris saw a blood stain on the carpet. "Oh, God."

"You okay?" Cole asked her as ten he shut the door. "Try not to touch anything, you don't wanna leave your fingerprints." Then he looked around the apartment. He went into the bedroom.

Paris called over to him. "Did you find something?" She went over to him.

"Just this place, it's strange to be back here." Cole replied to her.

"I understand." Paris nodded.

Cole sighed. "This was the first taste I had of a normal life. I was just a guy in love with a beautiful girl. I wanted it so much."

Paris looked at him. "We can have that. We can have a life together." She told him. "If you give it a chance."

"How?" Cole asked.

"Well, by taking out the bad guys who wanna take it away from us." Paris replied to her.

Not much later, Paris got a text from Phoebe, that she knows what the demons were and wanted to meet them in the manor.

---------------------

They were in the living room. Phoebe, Paris and Cole were there, Ben didn't want to come, he didn't want to see his brother. Phoebe was flipping through the Book of Shadows. "Here it is. The Seekers. They gather information by feeding on their victims brain stem cells. Lovely."