Chapter 18 - Black as Cole, part 1

When, Paris and Cole went back into town, they were thrown into the madness from demons. They were by Piper, Paige and Leo as then Phoebe and Ben walked in from the front door, still covered in slime. “Don't you think we should talk about this?” Ben asked to her.

Phoebe looked at him. “Talk about what?”

Piper came down the stairs as Paris and Cole walked from the living room to them as well. “Wow, looks like you two got a juicy one.”

“Yeah, but unfortunately not the one that kills witches.” Phoebe sighed.

Then, Piper looked at Paris and Cole. “Welcome back.” Then, she looked at Phoebe and Ben. “How do you know?”

Ben looked at her. “Because upper level demons have a human form, and they bleed, red, not green.” Then, Phoebe headed up the stairs. “Where are you going?”

“I'm going up to take a shower first, and then I'm going to check the Book of Shadows. I wanna I.D. this demon that I'm wearing, try to find some answers.” Phoebe replied to him.
Ben looked at her. “Speaking of unanswered questions…”

“There is a demon on the loose, Ben, we don't have time for this.” Phoebe told him.

“Shouldn't we make time for it?” Ben asked to her.

“No, not now we shouldn't.” Phoebe replied.

Piper looked at them as the others frowned. “What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing.” Phoebe replied.

“Nothing.” Ben repeated.

Phoebe looked at him. “Please, Ben, let's just focus on vanquishing the demon.”

“Fine. I'll, uh, go see what I can find out.” Ben shimmered out.

Piper looked at Phoebe. “Honey, did you two have a fight?”

“No, he just… never mind.” Phoebe walked up the stairs.

Then, Piper looked at Paris and Cole. “How was your vacation?”

“Weird.” Paris replied to her.

“How so?” Piper asked.

“Ghosts.” Cole replied.

“Ghosts?” Piper asked, eyes widen.

Paris nodded. “Yeah.” She comment as then she changed the subject. “What’s going on here?”

“Well, there is a upper demon that kills witches.” Piper replied to her.

“What?!” Paris exclaimed.

--------------

Not much later, they were in the Attic. Phoebe had the Book of Shadows and opened to the black and green demon. “Okay, so the demon that Ben and I nailed is a Scavenger demon. Apparently he feeds on the remains of other demons victims. Nice, huh?”

“No.” Paris replied.

Piper looked at her. “Well, that explains why we scryed for him accidentally.” Phoebe continued to flip through the book. “Um, are you gonna tell me what happened out there?”

“There's not much to tell. The demon jumped in behind us…” Phoebe sighed.

Piper looked at her. “That's not what I mean. What happened between you and Ben?”

“I want to know that too.” Paris added.

“Oh, yeah, that. Um…I'm not exactly sure. He asked me to marry him.” Phoebe replied to them.