Chapter 14 - Hell Hath No Fury, part 3

They moved to the Dining room. Phoebe was scrying. “Damn it.”

“Why isn't it working?” Paige asked confused.

“Because Piper isn't a witch anymore.” Paris replied to her.

Paige looked at her sisters. “Can't you just scry for evil then?”

“Do you have any idea how much evil is running around San Francisco?” Phoebe stopped scrying. “Damn it, Piper.” Ben shimmered in. He was bruised and scratched. “Ben. Thank God.” She hugged him.

“Don't thank him yet.” Ben muttered to her.

“You didn't find her?” Paige asked to him.

“I didn't get a chance to look. Every time I used my sensing powers, a bounty hunter sensed me. I fought off three of them.” Ben sat down at the table. “I'm sorry.”

“No, it's… it's okay. I mean, somehow everything's gonna be okay. I… I don't have even a little idea of how everything's gonna be okay.” Phoebe stuttered.

“Take a breather.” Paris told her, serious.

Paige looked at her. “Phoebe...”

“You know why? Because nothing is okay.” Phoebe sighed.

“Phoebe.” Paige called her.

Phoebe continued. “My sister is a fury, my boyfriend is a demon... Oh, baby, you're bleeding.” She crouched down next to Ben.

“Oh, bloody hell.” Paris muttered.

“Phoebe.” Paige called her again as this time, Phoebe looked at her. “Didn't you say you found me because Piper cast a spell to find a lost witch?”

Phoebe nodded. “Yes, but I also said that Piper's not a witch anymore.”

“Yes, but if I can substitute the word 'dirtbag' for 'demon', why can't we substitute the word 'sister' for 'witch'?” Paige asked to her.

“Not bad.” Paris praised her.

Ben looked at Phoebe. “Would that work?”

“Well, n… no. Not if she's already looking for a kill. The call won't be strong enough.” Phoebe replied to him.

“I refuse to belief that.” Paris crossed with her arms.

Paige frowned. “Why not?”

“Because of the pull of evil. When I was possessed by the Woogie, the blood lust was so strong...” Phoebe trailed off.

Ben frowned. “Woogie?”

“Don't ask.” Paige sighed.

“I don’t wanna know.” Paris commend.

“The point is... I don't think she'll answer the call.” Phoebe concluded.
Then there was a moment of silence. Until Paige spoke up. “Then we'll add bait.” Paige glanced at Ben, then looked at Phoebe.

Phoebe looked at Ben and he looked back. “No. No. Uh, no. Are you kidding me? No.”

“The furies go after evildoers, right?” Paige asked.

“Yeah.” Paris nodded.

“Paige, we are not using the love of my life as bait.” Phoebe was against it.

“Oh, yes we are. It's perfect.” Ben stood up and went near Paige.

Phoebe looked at him. “Ben, you have been a demon for over a century. That is a lot of victims. The pain of their cries alone can kill you.”