Chapter 14 - Hell Hath No Fury, part 1

Paris and Cole were in the manor, waiting for the others to come. “I hate waiting!” Paris exclaimed.

Then Cole walked towards her, hugging from behind. “I know, just a little more patience.”

Paris sighed. “I don’t like this sudden urge to hunt demons. Not all of them are that bad.”

“You have just jinxed it.” Cole told her.

“No, I don’t.” Paris counted. “You aren’t. I’m aren’t. My dad, maybe.”

“Hmm-mmm.” Cole hummed. “We will see about your father.”

Just then, Paris turned around and put her arms around his neck. “I’m pretty sure I can tell. Just not enough, I think.”

“You can and you did it with me.” Cole told her.

“Okay.” Paris nodded as then they kissed and the others decided to show up. “Great timing.” She muttered, grumpily. Cole laughed.

-----------------------

Later, they all were in the Attic. Piper crosses out The Kevmay page in the Book of Shadows while Phoebe looked on. Paris glanced at it. “Oh, I know that you're happy that we got him Piper, but is it entirely necessary to disfigure the book?”

“Hmm, this one could incinerate human flesh with his eyes. That must sting.” Piper replied to her.

Ben watched with narrowed eyes. “You think that's funny? You could have gotten yourself killed. Do you understand that?” He walked over to Piper.

Piper sighed. “Yes, Ben, I understand killed very well.”

Paris looked at Phoebe. “What the hell happened?”

“Demons.” Phoebe replied to her.
“Oh.” Paris made a ‘o’ shape with her mouth.

Ben looked unamused. “Then why would you want to keep risking your life and Phoebe's, not to mention mine? There's a legion of Bounty Hunters on my ass. I'm supposed to be laying low but instead, I'm out protecting you guys.”

Piper looked at him. “You know what, Ben? Next time, you can stay home.”

“If you insist on taking these suicide missions, you force me to be there because,” The doorbell rang. “there's no way in hell I'm about to let Phoebe lose another sister.” Ben snarled.

Phoebe went over to him and touched his shoulder. “Why don't you go see who's at the door for us, okay?”

“Sure. If it's the Source, I'll just ask him to come back later.” Ben replied sarcastically, then he muttered at Phoebe. “We need to talk.” He leaves the attic.

Phoebe looked at Piper. “Piper, Ben’s right. We have a system for fighting demons and it's worked pretty well for the last three years.”

Paris snored as Cole gave a look. “Sorry.” She mumbled.

Piper looked at Phoebe. “I think, uh, Prue being killed counts as a pretty big glitch in the system.”

“I know that you're angry. I am angry too.” Phoebe sighed.

“Then w-why are you fighting me on this? What-what's the problem with getting a little proactive?” Piper asked to her.

“I think I’m gonna go.” Cole muttered to Paris. “To much tension and sues.”

“I understand.” Paris nodded. Then, Cole shimmered away.

Phoebe looked at Piper. “Because we're not ready to get proactive. That's what's wrong with it. We're barely ready for anything right now. I mean, just dealing with our everyday normal lives is hard enough.”

“That is precisely the point. The faster we get rid of these demons, the faster we can get back to our everyday normal lives or at least what is left of them.” Piper sighed.

“Fair point.” Paris comment. “But will it ever be normal?”

Just then, the attic door opened and Paige walked in. “Knock, knock. I uh... I'm sorry to just drop by without calling.”

“It’s alright.” Paris comment to her.

“Uh, it's okay. Don't worry about it.” Phoebe added.

“I don't know exactly why I'm here. I'm just kind of having a hard time being surrounded by people and...” Paige trailed off.

“Understandable.” Paris nodded.

Phoebe looked at her. “And not being able to tell them that you can move things with your mind?”

“It does not exactly roll off the tongue.” Paige replied to her as Piper picked up a map and a crystal.

“Yeah, well being a witch is tough on friendships. That's why the whole sister thing comes in so handy.” Phoebe nodded as then she looked at Piper. What are you doing?”

“Um, it's a little chatty up here, so I'm going to go scry for evil in my room.” Piper replied to her.

“Scry?” Paige asked, confused.

Piper headed for the door. “Yeah, uh, Phoebe and Paris will explain. I'll see you later.” She leaves the attic.

“It's kind of like a, um, supernatural LoJack.” Phoebe explained it to Paige.

“That.” Paris added.

“Well, why don't you use that big book? I mean, it is a book of spells, right?” Paige walked over to the Book.

“Oh, it's a lot more than that. It's kind of hard to explain.” Phoebe replied to her.

Paige looked at it. “It looks so old.”

“Yeah. It has survived a lot. Fortunately, it protects itself from evil.” Paris comment to her. “From what i know off.” She glanced at Phoebe, who nodded to her.

“It protects itself. How?” Paige asked to them.

“Magic.” Paris replied to her.

Paige gestured at the book. “May I?” She asked to them.

Phoebe nodded. “Yeah. I mean technically, it's yours too. I would walk you through it right now, but I have to go talk to Ben.”

“Well, maybe I can just take it back to my office.” Paige told her.

“Oh, no, no, no, no. It doesn't leave the house. But just feel free to thumb through it and then I'll be back in a few minutes.” Phoebe leaves the attic.

“I’m gonna go too.” Paris pointed at the door and walked out of it, leaving Paige alone with the book.

-------------------

Paris was in the kitchen when she heard Phoebe shouting. She followed the noise. “Paige! I'll be right up!” Phoebe's nearly to the top and Paige came around the corner nearly bumping into Phoebe. “Whoa!” She giggled. “Where's the fire?” They walked downstairs.

“Uh, you know, work. Lunch break's over. Gotta go.” Paige told them.

Phoebe looked at her. “Well, we didn't even get to talk.”

“Uh, yeah, it's all right. Don't worry.” Paige nodded. Paris rolled with her eyes, Paige was up to something.
Phoebe looked at her. “Will you come by later?”

“Sure. Yeah. Absolutely. Bye.” Paige waved and leaves.

“Bye.” Phoebe looked suspiciously up the stairs.

----------------------

Author's note: Do you want to one shots between Phoebe and Ben? Or with Paris and Cole? Suggections are welcome!