Chapter 35 - Sympathy for the Demon

Author’s note: Paris is ready to pop, un the next chapter she will have baby boy, but i'm not going to do a birth scene as i know some wanted that, bit at the end of the day its still my story and writing it on my way.
Sorry, but this had to be said.

---------------

Paige and Ben were there. Piper and Phoebe walked in. Even Paris was there with Cole, he didn't leave her side, since she was ready pop anytime soon. Phoebe looked at her sisters. “All I’ve got to say is this better be good.” Then she noticed Ben. “You’ve gotta be kidding me.”

“I’m sorry, Phoebe, it’s really important.” Paige told her.

“Desperate demons call for desperate measures." Piper added.

Ben looked at them. “I think that, uh, someone is trying to drive me crazy.”

Cole looked at his brother, took everything in what he just said. “I believe you.” Ben nodded to his twin.

“Well, that makes two of us.” Phoebe told to Ben.

Ben sighed. “No, you don’t understand, I don’t know what’s real anymore, what’s going on in my mind. I almost killed my secretary today, and then Leo…” Phoebe seemed to listen no more. Paris frowned, she thought she had seen something. “Are you listening to me?”

“Yeah.” Phoebe nodded. “But Ben, I’m not gonna allow you to drag me back into your world of evil.”

“I need to figure out what is going on before somebody gets hurt.” Ben told her.

Phoebe looked at him. This time Paris thought, she heard something. “How do I know this just isn’t another one of your tricks to get me back?”

“My tricks?” Ben blinked. “This is no trick. I am seriously afraid of what I might do and I’m begging you for your help.”

Phoebe sighed. “I’m sorry, Ben, I can’t. I have to draw the line sometime and I’m gonna draw it right now.” Ben disappeared.

Just then Paige spoke up. “Listen, far be it for me to take his side but what if he is actually telling the truth?”

Piper nodded. “I agree. If there’s a demon out there powerful enough to mess with Ben’s mind…”

“Then it’s his problem. It’s not ours and it’s not mine anymore. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go back outside and try to salvage what is left of my date.” Phoebe leaves the office.

-------------------

Across the room, Phoebe sat back down with Miles. Piper, Paris, Cole and Paige were sitting at the bar. Then Paige looked at them. “Now what? We can’t just sit around here doing nothing.”

Cole made a face. “I’m going to get a drink, have a fun talk.” He said to Paris.

"Yeah, sweetie.” Paris nodded as then Cole walked away.

Piper looked at them. “No, unfortunately, Ben is really powerful and if some demon is trying to manipulate him…”

Paris frowned as Paige spoke up. “Hello? You were saying?”

“On second thought, maybe we should just let it go.” Piper replied.

“What?!” Paris exclaimed.

Paige blinked. “Let it go?”

Piper nodded. “Yeah, it wouldn’t be the first time Ben’s been less than honest with us. Maybe Phoebe’s right, it’s not really our problem.”

“What the hell?!” Paris exclaimed.

“Yeah, it’s not our problem until he hurts us.” Paige comment in agreement.