Chapter 18 - Black as Cole, part 2

Later, Phoebe was walking through the path by herself. Piper, Paris and Paige were looking through some bushes. The demon shimmered in behind Phoebe. “Hello, witch.”

“Goodbye...” Phoebe spins around. “Demon.”

The demon runs for her with his athame. Phoebe flipped him over and Piper, Paris and Paige came out of the bushes. A woman runs out and throws a dagger at the demon. Then, the demon shimmered out and the dagger hit a tree. “I had him.”

Piper looked at her. “Who the hell are you?”

“Bloody hell.” Paris comment.

----------------

Piper, Phoebe, Paige, Paris, Ben, Cole and the woman were in the kitchen. The woman was holding the dagger. “He used this to kill my fiancé. It's a ceremonial knife. The demon left it behind after the struggle. I've been hunting for the last year and a half. It's all I care about.”

Ben looked at the dagger. “May I?” The woman looked at him and then at Piper and Phoebe. They nodded and she hands the dagger to Ben. Then, Cole walked over to his brother and looked at the dagger as well.

Phoebe looked at the twins. “Look familiar?”

“He looked familiar to me.” Paige replied.

Paris glanced at her. “Did he?” She asked as Paige nodded.

“I meant the athame.” Phoebe sighed.

The twins looked at them. “It's one used by the brotherhood.”

Piper looked at the woman, named Emma. “Emma, do you know why the demon wanted to kill your fiancé?”

“Because Andrew was a witch.” Emma replied.

“Are you a witch too?” Paris asked.

Emma shook with her head. “No. But after Andrew died, I studied his books and devoted myself to the craft.”

“To continue his work?” Phoebe asked.

“To track down his killer.” Emma replied.

“And you just happened to be in the park at the same time the demon was going to attack Susan?” Paige asked to her.

“I know his MO. I know when he kills a witch, he goes after the entire coven.” Emma replied.

Piper looked at her. “You've taught yourself well. But still, if we hadn't come along we would have lost you both.”

“Vengeance empowers me.” Emma remarked.

“But it won't save you. Your desire for revenge is keeping you from the truth. You want the demon vanquished, my advice is to stand back and let the Charmed Ones handle it.” Ben told her.

Emma looked at him. “This is my fight.”

Cole spoke up. “Then you shall lose it.”

“Cole's right. You should trust us. Trust that we want the same thing you do.” Paris told her.

“It's just, his face has haunted me ever since Andrew died. It's the face of pure evil. I can't let him get away.” Emma sighed.

“Why don't you scry for him again while we prepare the vanquishing potion. Once we get a piece of his flesh, he's dust.” Piper told her.

“We'll get him. I swear we'll get him.” Phoebe added.

Just then, the baby cried from the other room. Piper sighed. “Ignore that.”